Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Use the Anticipation Thread until the new webOS is released.

Please post your feedback about the new webOS update into the appropriate forum:

webOS 1.4.5 Discussion - all general discussion

webOS 1.4.5 New Features & Changes - only post new features & changes found

webOS 1.4.5 Patch Discussion - posts specifically about patches

webOS 1.4.5 Issues - issues with webOS only. Post App problems in their threads.

webOS Updates
    The developers tell us that you may not need to remove the new AUPT patches before the update but you still need to remove any themes and you MUST REMOVE ANY OVERCLOCK PATCHES.

Remove all Patches and Themes
    Using WebOS Quick Install:
    1. Remove themes. Click ToolsThemer Revert to Default
    2. Remove all patches. Click ToolsTweaksRun EPRLuna Restart

Using Preware:
    1. Remove themes. Tap Installed Packages Theme → Tap your theme → Remove → OK OK
    2. Remove all patches. Tap List of Everything then type "emergency" and
    tap Emergency Patch RecoveryInstall

Please include your carrier, phone model, when the problem occurred, what you were doing, etc.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/11/2010 at 07:49 AM.
    i thought patches were safe with new OS updates. i see them all listed in preware under installed packages, but theyre not visible. do i have to uninstall all of my 70 patches and then reinstall them again?
    Did you open Preware and look to see that you need to update them?
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Did you open Preware and look to see that you need to update them?
    there is no update available.
    Well I installed 1.4.5... all patches gone. But I have em saved on my preware list.... but they wont reinstall back.... ?

Is it me... or is it something to do with the update?
    Cingular 3125 --> Samsung Instink! --> Palm Pre --> ???
    same thing here,,all I did was go to preware,said I had 70 updates,i hit update all and done,all back.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    same thing here,,all I did was go to preware,said I had 70 updates,i hit update all and done,all back.
    so urs is working fine?
    yes
    try updating yr feeds then see if yr updates are there.
    Lol yea now its working... thanks xD
    that worked for you? Cool
    if that's the case,i have my feeds set to update everytime I open preware. Check yr setting.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    You'll not see an update available to the patches, till you update the feeds in Preware.
    Patches from preware are AUPT safe. This means that when there is an OTA update it is OK to leave them installed. If AUPT determines that the patch will not work with the new version of the OS a place holder is installed. The purpose of this place holder is so that when a new updated version of your installed patch(es) have been released preware can make installation simple!

So basically wait about a week and all will be well!
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    You'll not see an update available to the patches, till you update the feeds in Preware.
    simple enough. i thought i had mine set to update every time i open preware, apparently i did not. all is good now.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I had 2 patches go haywire on me: "Command Line" & "Launch Brightness Unlinked on Luna Boot". Now they will neither update or remove...
    all seems to be well here (so far) EXCEPT "Add Bing and Yahoo and Remove Twitter" patch.

That one is shown as being there in Preware. But, not working.
  18. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    i cannot get the 4x4 or transparent launcher to install (they updated and don't work)

EDIT:

okay, for some reason there was no Luna restart after the patch update. i removed the 4x4 patch, and it did a Luna restart, then the background was transparent again. i'm going to try reinstalling the 4x4 now......

and it worked. so definitely try that if you're not seeing what you expected. good luck everyone!
    Last edited by GFS; 08/11/2010 at 07:59 AM.
    Actually, Govnah is not working. It will not let me change the profile from Palm Default
    Well, not a single one of my patches are working. I did a manual reinstall of a couple but I just dont know what happened to the rest or how to retrieve them. I did the update feed method and reboot my phone a few times.
    Any suggestions?

Govnah is working but I had to download the Kernel update.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast