Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 138
  1. Tedcas's Avatar
    Posts
    271 Posts
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    #101  
    Ii hope it's assurance, I know that I've had issues after updates with the 'Named Pages in Launcher' patch, and removing the add/delete pages patch (& a couple of others) allowed the "named pages' to re-install correctly, and doing so never touched my additional pages. So my knowledge is simply experience, not any sort of technical understnding of what I am doing. Good Luck, let me know if you need me to fix your pages....
  2. #102  
    So hmm here is a weird thing (what else is new with Pre and Updates )

    I was able to remove the named pages patch, but when I tried to remove the Add/Delete patch I got an error, same thing with Preware OR WebOSQI

    But in going back to Preware I noticed, there is a patch with just an icon of a box, that says Add/Delete pages, but there is another one with a different icon, that says Enable Add/Delete pages?

    it was THAT one, that DID in fact allow me to remove, but now I notice there are a few patches that seem like dupes of other patches, that have that box icon, vs another one.

    What ARE those?

    ok, Named and Add.Delete are gone, and my extra pages still there YAY. All my icons seem intact too

    On to trying the ADv. Conf in Launcher patch.

    Wish me luck

    Ok then.. it WORKED!!

    A bit different interface to work with, but bright old broad that I am, after a few minutes I figured it out.

    Thanks again for your help or hand holding..
    Last edited by dianehelen; 08/12/2010 at 08:24 AM.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!


    I Pre

  3. #103  
    After updating to the most current WebOS version (1.4.5), i had to update around 17 or so patches. All but one updated fine. SMS per contact is giving me this error when i try to update it:

    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact.prerm 2>&1
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.rej

    I also tried to uninstall the patch all together and got another error message. i'll give that one to you if the error message above doesn't help. Is this an error with the patch code? Oh yeah...i updated Preware to the most current version too (1.2.7). thanks.
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmink View Post
    After updating to the most current WebOS version (1.4.5), i had to update around 17 or so patches. All but one updated fine. SMS per contact is giving me this error when i try to update it:

    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact.prerm 2>&1
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.rej

    I also tried to uninstall the patch all together and got another error message. i'll give that one to you if the error message above doesn't help. Is this an error with the patch code? Oh yeah...i updated Preware to the most current version too (1.2.7). thanks.
    Go here http://forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/253860-attention-patches-must-removed-prior-ota-update.html
    It has been publicised a fair bit.

    Pip
  5. #105  
    I read and didn't remove any of my patches after the update.

    I figured I would have to reapply them but also thought that preware had an option to do this. Can't find it, all the patches preware thinks are still installed and I can only "remove".

    Any help?
  6. Tedcas's Avatar
    Posts
    271 Posts
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    #106  
    HelloNNNewman refers to a "Advanced Configuration for App Launcher" patch as working better than 'named pages', I have no idea what it does, but I'm going to check it out later today...
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcas View Post
    HelloNNNewman refers to a "Advanced Configuration for App Launcher" patch as working better than 'named pages', I have no idea what it does, but I'm going to check it out later today...
    This Patch is available in Preware and it allows all kinds of configuring of you launcher and launcher pages, pretty cool

    I just went to list of everything in Preware and typed the word advanced and it came up.

    I really love how you can opt to hide the launcher bar, when a launcher page is up, and it comes back when you swipe down the page.

    You can also add/delete launcher pages, name them, move their positions around, and some other cool things. Very nice patch !!
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!


    I Pre

  8. #108  
    I switched to this patch from Named Pages after I updated, and agree it's better.

    Still need to run EPR/EFV to remove a couple of stuck patches, so who knows how things will look by the time I'm through with that.
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  9. #109  
    i've installed Novacom.
    I've plugged in USB as "just charge"
    i've started WOSQI
    When i click device management and it asks me to plug in device, i do (tried it both way, with Pixi plugged in and then without and plugging in when WOSQI asked me to) and it says:

    ERROR: No Device detected.

    I'm going thru this "hell" in order to delete "named pages" app and a few others that i cannot update or remove, in order to install Advanced Config.

    HELP. thank you.
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronig View Post
    i've installed Novacom.
    I've plugged in USB as "just charge"
    i've started WOSQI
    When i click device management and it asks me to plug in device, i do (tried it both way, with Pixi plugged in and then without and plugging in when WOSQI asked me to) and it says:

    ERROR: No Device detected.

    I'm going thru this "hell" in order to delete "named pages" app and a few others that i cannot update or remove, in order to install Advanced Config.

    HELP. thank you.
    Developer mode?
  11. #111  
    My phone still won't update.

    Do I lose all the fixing I've done to my contacts by linking duplicates and media on my phone if I doctor it?
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverthornne View Post
    My phone still won't update.

    Do I lose all the fixing I've done to my contacts by linking duplicates and media on my phone if I doctor it?
    How do you have backup set up for your contacts? Go to contacts and select "Preferences and accounts" in the upper left menu. What is showing for your default account?
  13. #113  
    The Palm Profile is my default account.
  14. #114  
    You may have somehow hosed the novacom. In WebOsQi, go to:

    File>Options

    Then run: attempt Novacom (re)Installation

    See if that helps.. I had to do that earlier today also



    Quote Originally Posted by ronig View Post
    i've installed Novacom.
    I've plugged in USB as "just charge"
    i've started WOSQI
    When i click device management and it asks me to plug in device, i do (tried it both way, with Pixi plugged in and then without and plugging in when WOSQI asked me to) and it says:

    ERROR: No Device detected.

    I'm going thru this "hell" in order to delete "named pages" app and a few others that i cannot update or remove, in order to install Advanced Config.

    HELP. thank you.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!


    I Pre

  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverthornne View Post
    The Palm Profile is my default account.
    The Palm Profile should save your contacts. However, some people have posted problems in the past about the Palm Profile failing to restore them. What many of us do is to use Google as the default so that you save your contacts to the web.
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    The Palm Profile should save your contacts. However, some people have posted problems in the past about the Palm Profile failing to restore them. What many of us do is to use Google as the default so that you save your contacts to the web.
    Yes, I can add another vote to the side saying the Palm Profile isn't reliable. When I doctored and restored mine, I got 2 contacts back. Very glad I had everything else backed up in Google, so just had to resync.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  17. #117  
    Anyone else having problems with the Named Pages in the Launcher patch since installing 1.4.5? I keep getting an error -- "Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin......." etc etc.

    Anyone else? How can I fix it?
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    Anyone else having problems with the Named Pages in the Launcher patch since installing 1.4.5? I keep getting an error -- "Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin......." etc etc.

    Anyone else? How can I fix it?
    This has been discussed many times in here...
    That particular patch is not currently supported by the current update. The following is the procedure I had to use to remove it (it may work for you):

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2601853
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Yes, I can add another vote to the side saying the Palm Profile isn't reliable. When I doctored and restored mine, I got 2 contacts back. Very glad I had everything else backed up in Google, so just had to resync.

    Add my vote... I doctored my phone the other day and many of the contacts that I added to my Palm Profile (instead of Google or EAS) didn't restore back to my device. Thank God I still use the old Palm Desktop and my main backup. I keep all of my contacts in the Palm Desktop app yet and can always look up info, or reload contacts from there.
  20. #120  
    First off, I am a new user, 3 weeks into webOS and loving it!! I am having problems with updating my Named Pages In Launcher patch. I did not remove the old one (wasn't sure if I needed to) before updating to 1.4.5. Now, the patch will not update, nor can I remove the old one. Can anyone help? What can I do? Am a bit afraid of going to The Doctor!!!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions