Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hi Diane,

Experienced the same issues with the 'Named launcher pages' patch and the issue with WOSQI asking to update the patches. Be sure you have a current copy of the 1.4.5 doctor installed (that fixed my issue with WOSQI wanting to update the patches)

As for removing the stuck patch... here's what I ended up having to do:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2601853

Also, there is a much better patch in Preware for naming pages (with many more options): "Advanced Configuration for App Launcher"
    Thanks Newman.. I tried the brute force one, that did not work

Where can I get the Doctor 1.4.5?

Also I do know about the Advanced Launcher Config, but I guess cant do that till I get the others resolved.

Now Im trying to re install after doing EPR and EFV and it keeps just getting stuck at the Download/instaling calc ????

Any new ideas..???
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

I have 2 packages that won't update:

System Menu Initial Framework

IPKG log says
    Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected!
    12 out of 12 hunks ignored
    Unreversed patch detected
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored

System Menu Today Menu

IPKG log says:
    Uneble to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-today-menu.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED
    Unreversed ptach detected!
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED

Anyone else have issues with these 2 packages or have any idea how to fix this?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Is there an official 1.4.5(.x) patch compatibility list yet? Or is this thread it?
    Official webOS 1.4.5 Patch Compatibility List
    overall and just in my opinion, 1.4.5 was not worth all the work i had to do to get my phone back working. I even had to doctor my phone back to 1.4.1.1 after updating it to 1.4.5....

at this point, i am just happy that i have a working phone....
    Quote Originally Posted by delete2end View Post
    overall and just in my opinion, 1.4.5 was not worth all the work i had to do to get my phone back working. I even had to doctor my phone back to 1.4.1.1 after updating it to 1.4.5....

at this point, i am just happy that i have a working phone....
    **SIGH** I gotta agree with ya.. 1.4.5? What did it actually give us??
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Thanks Newman.. I tried the brute force one, that did not work

Where can I get the Doctor 1.4.5?

Also I do know about the Advanced Launcher Config, but I guess cant do that till I get the others resolved.

Now Im trying to re install after doing EPR and EFV and it keeps just getting stuck at the Download/instaling calc ????

Any new ideas..???
    Palm has the new Doctor posted on their site:
    http://ws.palm.com/webosdoctor/sorry.htm

It's surprising that you couldn't get the patch deleted when it was the only one installed (as long as you did a Luna restart first).
    Palm has the new Doctor posted on their site:
    http://ws.palm.com/webosdoctor/sorry.htm

It's surprising that you couldn't get the patch deleted when it was the only one installed (as long as you did a Luna restart first).
    I "think" Im making some progress.

I followed erics step by step using the EPR and EFV. But that only partly worked.

When I finished, I was not able to do and install all for the list in saved , from Preware.

But odly I was able to one by one, install those that were not installed, or remove the problem ones.

I think Im back to everything back working, other than, of course Multi Mod, wihch hopefully will return soon.

At this point , not sure if Im gonna remove the add pages and named pages and go for the Adv Launcher config. Would that mean my added pages would be gone, or not?

Thanks for your kind help/handholding.. I know I can always count on kind folks like you, to get thru these little update adventures

OK Now I MUST do some work, and maybe even eat some dinner.. not too bad, only 3 hours out of my life, this time around

Oh , and THANK you for the link to get the new doctor version , always good to have

Last edited by dianehelen; 08/11/2010 at 08:18 PM.

I Pre

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Instead of doctoring why not remove all patches....
    Open the patches you know where "stuck" download the patch file look @ what files it touches. Download the doctor extract the files that on the phone currently have stuck patch code send the non patch files over.

Then start patching away...
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Instead of doctoring why not remove all patches....
    Open the patches you know where "stuck" download the patch file look @ what files it touches. Download the doctor extract the files that on the phone currently have stuck patch code send the non patch files over.

Then start patching away...
    I didn't have stuck patches, but something made my phone go wonky. I removed my theme, then used the EPR to remove all patches. Restarted and then reinstalled all patches and the theme. All is back to normal, now!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    So, from what I can tell most folks can download this update fine on Sprint? I'm on Sprint and the Update page keeps looking for an update but never finds anything. I've left it running for over an hour and it stays on "Checking for updates..." with no progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverthornne View Post
    So, from what I can tell most folks can download this update fine on Sprint? I'm on Sprint and the Update page keeps looking for an update but never finds anything. I've left it running for over an hour and it stays on "Checking for updates..." with no progress.
    Same thing for me. My wife just updated her pre in front of me.
    ever since the last update i have not been able to re-install the named pages in launcher patch.....could someone help me fix it

Attached Images Attached Images
    *~When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself~*
    Quote Originally Posted by david7598 View Post
    ever since the last update i have not been able to re-install the named pages in launcher patch.....could someone help me fix it
    You can't install it because it isn't currently supported in 1.4.5.

Just install the "Advanced Configuration for App Launcher" patch instead (it's better anyway)
    don't understand the issues. I have 27 patches. Installed update, then opened preware, updated all, and restarted. Everything is as it was, only faster and smoother.

thanks palm and thanks homebrew community for updating so fast!
    Okay... . Having this bug in v1.4.5.

Installed it last night.

Since then, I am having this problem with all google contacts on my Pre:

In NOTES of a contact, the line feeds or carriage returns, when in EDIT mode look fine. But when I just view the contact, the lines all run together with a <br /> showing where ever there should be an actual break.

Anybody else seeing this??
    You can't install it because it isn't currently supported in 1.4.5.

Just install the "Advanced Configuration for App Launcher" patch instead (it's better anyway)
    +1 it is the best option and gives many more features, all in one patch!
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Okay... . Having this bug in v1.4.5.

Installed it last night.

Since then, I am having this problem with all google contacts on my Pre:

In NOTES of a contact, the line feeds or carriage returns, when in EDIT mode look fine. But when I just view the contact, the lines all run together with a <br /> showing where ever there should be an actual break.

Anybody else seeing this??
    And yes, no fix has been posted for this, yet, but quite a few others who use the notes field have this same problem.
    Hmm I got the Named Pages in Launcher patch back working in 1.4.5

I just had to go thru a few procesess re: stuck patches to get it to reinstall cleanly.

I would like to change to the Advanced Launcher Config, but concerned if I delete both Add/Delete pages and Named Pages, Id have to re do all my pages, that I have just the way I like them

Can anyone confirm if this will or will not happen if I remove those 2 patches, in order to install Advanced Launcher Config?

I Pre

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Dianehelen, I'm almost certain your pages will remain after you remove those patches. Once a page is created, it must be removed manually, even if you have deleted the patch that allowed you to create them in the first place. I'm sure someone else will chime in with more technical knowledge than me....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcas View Post
    Dianehelen, I'm almost certain your pages will remain after you remove those patches. Once a page is created, it must be removed manually, even if you have deleted the patch that allowed you to create them in the first place. I'm sure someone else will chime in with more technical knowledge than me....
    OK, Im gonna believe you on that.. , if it doesnt work, you can come here and fix all my pages.. heheh (just kidding)

It would be nice to just have ONE patch to do a few things..

Thanks for the assurance..

I Pre

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast