Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrosive View Post
    I am only having an issue with the SMS Tone per contact patch...
    This was listed as one that needed to be removed, before you did the update. That may be why you are having a problem and you may need to doctor your phone, when they release the one for 1.4.5
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I'm having an issue with the No Alert During Call patch. Won't update or remove... Like the others listed above. Definitely not worth doctoring over but a fix would be nice.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    This was listed as one that needed to be removed, before you did the update. That may be why you are having a problem and you may need to doctor your phone, when they release the one for 1.4.5
    There's a list?
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    There's a list?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ta-update.html
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeygt23 View Post
    So, I just updated to 1.4.5. Before I did the update, I uninstalled ALL of the patches I had installed. After The update I went back into preware to try to install all of the patches and I can't seem to do it. I am getting this error or a similar error for every single patch that I try to install:

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4x4-icons-v5_1.4.1-14_all.ipk http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...4.1-14_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:02 --:--:-- 0
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404

anyone got any ideas whats going on?

I have tried rebooting several times both luna restarts and complete battery pulls.
    I was getting the same thing. Updating the feeds in Preware resolved it immediately.
    Palm IIIx > Palm m505 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Centro > Pre- & Touchpad
    Removing a stuck patch (brute force method - you will have to manually reinstall patches after this). Do this if updating feeds (or any other option) didn't work:

If you cannot remove a stuck patch - instead of nuking the phone with the Doctor... open up WOSQI and go to Device Management/Patches. Put a check mark in either some or All of your patches (excluding the patch that will not remove) and click uninstall.

Luna restart and do the same steps, but this time only try and remove the stuck patch. If it works, you can then go back to Preware and start adding your patches back. If it didn't work - remove any remaining patches (excluding the stuck patch) and luna restart. Then try and remove the stuck patch.
    Thanks! I actually figured that out just a bit ago. I'm surprised there isn't more explicit instructions somewhere on here that would point that out, but maybe it was just that obvious to everyone else. oh well. I appreciate the response.
    Is there an official 1.4.5(.x) patch compatibility list yet? Or is this thread it?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Haven't see any list yet outside of Rod's list of patches to remove before updating. Wouldn't the patches listed in the "unavailable" folder in Preware be that list of incompatible items? Just a thought
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    save preware data with save/restore. Run the emergency patch removal in preware. Reboot. Open save/restore and restore the preware file. Open preware and your old patches should be listed under saved packaged list, but just not installed. Then hit install all and it should restore your patches..even the ones that aren't aupt. It basically has this posted on the first message of the thread. You will also have to remove and reinstall kernels too. This should work like a charm. My named pages patch was restored and even kept the correct titles.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Haven't see any list yet outside of Rod's list of patches to remove before updating. Wouldn't the patches listed in the "unavailable" folder in Preware be that list of incompatible items? Just a thought
    Where can I find Rod's list of patches to remove? Is it the same as egaudet's list found in this thread?

My device history:

- Jim J.

You're on the ball!!!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Where can I find Rod's list of patches to remove? Is it the same as egaudet's list found in this thread?

Yes, that's the one I was referring to...
    In looking through the "unavailable" folders in Preware/Patches, I did see some items listed that I used to have, but aren't currently compatible with 1.4.5 (ie: Hide App Vendors). So, I'm thinking that this folder is a pretty good list of incompatible patches.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Thanks! Dang now i wish i didn't rush to install it My patches always survived before. My only issue is with SMS Tone Per Contact so it's not worth visiting the Doctor for. like that other itch, i'm not goin to the doc yet
    OK, just finished installing 1.4.5 and tried running Preware. It won't let me update feeds... anyone else having this problem?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Thats what I get for jumping on the update late at night while half asleep... The good thing is that the contact that I use this the most with is now stuck as a different sms tone... Bad news is that I will never be able to change it... (I dont want to ever play Dr... lol).
    Thanks
    Well for the most part, my update went ok. Tho I will say, and I never really complain about Pre stuff and updates, but for all the stuff we have to go thru, this update sure isnt giving us much to make it worth it huh?

Anyway, I also, could not find that post about Patches to remove before update.. and I left Multi Mod.

I updated, ran the Preware updates, and of course Multi Mod has the place holder, thats ok.

My Add/Delete Launcher pages seems to have made it across, but the Named Launcher pages will not update, give me hunk errors, cant remove in WEBOSQI and cant remove Add/Delete Launcher pages either in Preware or WEBOSQI.

Also seeing something new in WEBOSQI? Its asking me about updating patches to 1.4.5, i said ok, but it seems to be erroring quite a bit as it runs thru.

I was happy to see MHS still works fine, as does all my other apps and patches, just having trouble, as I see some others are with the Launcher related patches, and of course the ever pesky but oh so loved/needed Multi Mod

Any other suggestions?

TIA
    Diane
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Well for the most part, my update went ok. Tho I will say, and I never really complain about Pre stuff and updates, but for all the stuff we have to go thru, this update sure isnt giving us much to make it worth it huh?

Anyway, I also, could not find that post about Patches to remove before update.. and I left Multi Mod.

I updated, ran the Preware updates, and of course Multi Mod has the place holder, thats ok.

My Add/Delete Launcher pages seems to have made it across, but the Named Launcher pages will not update, give me hunk errors, cant remove in WEBOSQI and cant remove Add/Delete Launcher pages either in Preware or WEBOSQI.

Also seeing something new in WEBOSQI? Its asking me about updating patches to 1.4.5, i said ok, but it seems to be erroring quite a bit as it runs thru.

I was happy to see MHS still works fine, as does all my other apps and patches, just having trouble, as I see some others are with the Launcher related patches, and of course the ever pesky but oh so loved/needed Multi Mod

Any other suggestions?

TIA
    Diane
    Hi Diane,

Experienced the same issues with the 'Named launcher pages' patch and the issue with WOSQI asking to update the patches. Be sure you have a current copy of the 1.4.5 doctor installed (that fixed my issue with WOSQI wanting to update the patches)

As for removing the stuck patch... here's what I ended up having to do:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2601853

Also, there is a much better patch in Preware for naming pages (with many more options): "Advanced Configuration for App Launcher"
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    OK, just finished installing 1.4.5 and tried running Preware. It won't let me update feeds... anyone else having this problem?
    Well I found the solution to my problem -- didn't have an internet connection. Was still on WiFi, it SHOWED that was connected but tried using the web browser and discovered that I wasn't. So turned wifi off and switched back to EVDO, appears to be working. Lot of patches that need to be updated!!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    only thing i found is that my theme doesnt work any longer and snooze duration selection.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast