Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Actually, Govnah is not working. It will not let me change the profile from Palm Default
    Just replied to your other post.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Mine loaded back fine!
    Updated to 1.4.5 and all patches updated fine except one. The patch that's giving me an error is ....Named Pages in Launcher....! It say it's 1.4.5 ready but I keep getting an error when installing and trying to remove. I look on the forums for list of patches to remove and I didn't see this one or did I just miss it. Anyway....what do I do to get it updated or removed. Anyone else use this patch and having troubles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    Updated to 1.4.5 and all patches updated fine except one. The patch that's giving me an error is ....Named Pages in Launcher....! It say it's 1.4.5 ready but I keep getting an error when installing and trying to remove. I look on the forums for list of patches to remove and I didn't see this one or did I just miss it. Anyway....what do I do to get it updated or removed. Anyone else use this patch and having troubles.
    No problems here, most all installed just fine...try removing, rebooting, and reinstalling.

Though...for some reason I cannot get the patch "Send All Contacts via Email" to even install. Anyone got a problem with that, or a solution?

ERROR: Postinst -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    preware only found 23 patches to update... over 30 were missing after the update and i had to take about and hour to reinstall those 30 patches after the update. now i cant get SR71 for 1.4.5 as it did not update as it should have according to unixpsycho and whitby. i guess i will have to wait for the testing feeds to be turned back on...
    ok found issue and loaded fine. I saw another post about this patch about how it can sometimes conflict with other launcher patches. I only have four including the Named Pages in Launcher patch. So I started deleting one @ a time and then trying to update the named pages patch and on the second try it worked. It seems to conflict with the Enable Add/Delete Pages patch. After uninstalling the patch it let me update the Named Laucher patch and I reinstalled the others and rebooted and I'm goos to go. This and or launcher patches need to be more uniformed so they don't conflict so much. I'm lucky I only have four laucher patches and found it pretty easy. For others who really love patching the launcher this could be a nightmare.
    Where do you get 1.4.5? I'm running 1.4.1.1 and it says it's up to date.
    Oh, nevermind. I see it's for Sprint and I'm on Verizon.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    Same thing for me ... You have to remove all other launcher related patches, luna restart, then you can update or remove this patch. I went ahead and removed all of my launcher patches and then installed advanced config for app launcher, which allows you to name the pages and also replaces some other launcher patches, and then re-installed 4x4 icons v 5.
    Thanks for the heads up on this one. I had the exact same problem. If it helps, here is the log:

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-named-pages-in-the-launcher.prerm 2>&1
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/app-info-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    8 out of 8 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/dialogs/app-info.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/sources.json.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej
    I removed all the launcher patches but still not able to remove or update the 'Named Pages in the launcher' patch. Am I missing something?

Update: yes I am getting the same error that 'ChappyEight' posted!
    I'm working through it right now. Be sure to Restart Luna after uninstalling the other launcher patches. I'll post my results in a couple minutes.
    Yes I already restarted luna couple of times, but same error.
    Yup, I still get the error too. And, Preware won't let me uninstall.

I'll try to uninstall with QI tonight I suppose.
    Um, I was just wondering, when you do an update with the extra launcher pages patch, does that patch go away during the update and if so where do the apps end up?
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    Everything came back for me. Went to preware, said I had updates, including uberkernel. Updated, and Govnah worked fine. Only thing I had an issue with was Glass Effect Suit. It said it had an update, but then didn't update. Removed it, reinstalled worked fine.
    @SmoothCriminal: Even after removing the patch, the app icons are still in that same page and they do not move (thank goodness). But it depends on the patch itself.
    I can't get Preware or App Catlog to open and load files.
    Quote Originally Posted by solaimadhan View Post
    @SmoothCriminal: Even after removing the patch, the app icons are still in that same page and they do not move (thank goodness). But it depends on the patch itself.
    Oh, ok, good. Now I don't have to have to move them all back after the update (when ever that comes for Verizon). That would take awhile, because I have 9 pages.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    So, I just updated to 1.4.5. Before I did the update, I uninstalled ALL of the patches I had installed. After The update I went back into preware to try to install all of the patches and I can't seem to do it. I am getting this error or a similar error for every single patch that I try to install:

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4x4-icons-v5_1.4.1-14_all.ipk http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...4.1-14_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:02 --:--:-- 0
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404

anyone got any ideas whats going on?

I have tried rebooting several times both luna restarts and complete battery pulls.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast