Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Use the Anticipation Thread until the new webOS is released.

Please post your feedback about the new webOS update into the appropriate forum:

webOS 1.4.5 Discussion - all general discussion

webOS 1.4.5 New Features & Changes - only post new features & changes found

webOS 1.4.5 Patch Discussion - posts specifically about patches

webOS 1.4.5 Issues - issues with webOS only. Post App problems in their threads.

webOS Updates
    The developers tell us that you may not need to remove the new AUPT patches before the update but you still need to remove any themes and you MUST REMOVE ANY OVERCLOCK PATCHES.

Remove all Patches and Themes
    Using WebOS Quick Install:
    1. Remove themes. Click ToolsThemer Revert to Default
    2. Remove all patches. Click ToolsTweaksRun EPRLuna Restart

Using Preware:
    1. Remove themes. Tap Installed Packages Theme → Tap your theme → Remove → OK OK
    2. Remove all patches. Tap List of Everything then type "emergency" and
    tap Emergency Patch RecoveryInstall

Please include your carrier, phone model, when the problem occurred, what you were doing, etc.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/11/2010 at 06:35 AM.
    I think the geotagging for photos is new. Is it?
    Nope. Always being there
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Changelog says "SprintTV upgrade to V 3.5.4 and enhanced parental controls"

Mine still says v1.5. Anyone else?
    Also, you dont want to enable that if you dont want other people that live near you viewing your photos on Nrby. it saves GPS cordinates of your location and if you install NRBY, i believe it pulls that picture and puts it in when someone searches for pictures of people around them
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    ohhhhh ok thanks. i never saw it before
    Yep. My SprintTV still says v.1.5 as well. Other than that everything looks good.
    yeah its 1.5-3.5.4. It did get updated, but no major changes.
    Mine says in the Help

Release ID: palm-sprinttv1.5-3.5.4
    No one has mentioned this one but it's pretty small: In Universal Search, when you are typing you see the numbers at the top and the corresponding letters under them.
    what changes did this have cause my email signature still the same.

Sprint branded default email signature corrected

-- Sent from my Palm Pre (before and is still the same)
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    webOS Updates
    The developers tell us that you may not need to remove the new AUPT patches before the update but you still need to remove any themes and you MUST REMOVE ANY OVERCLOCK PATCHES.

Remove all Patches and Themes
    Thanks for this consolidated thread, very useful.
    However, I don't think the quote above is strictly accurate. My understanding is anything installed via Preware (including overclocking patches and kernels) is safe to leave on, with the exception of Themes and these patches: ATTENTION: Patches that MUST be removed prior to OTA update
    Pet Peave: When people use photographs of themselves as Avatars. There's something unsettling about their big faces staring back at me in the forums. . . . Maybe I'm just paranoid.
    Looks like Palm changed some of the coding in Luna. I am seeing better performance and memory management. Running in conjunction with the F105 kernel at 1 ghz performance is better for me than running the F105 at 1 ghz with 1.4.1.1.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Looks like Palm changed some of the coding in Luna. I am seeing better performance and memory management. Running in conjunction with the F105 kernel at 1 ghz performance is better for me than running the F105 at 1 ghz with 1.4.1.1.
    Could that maybe mean less frequent TMC errors?

(hoping....... )
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Email signature unchanged and changes not saving? Keeps going back to stock. :/

Music app loads waaay faster, less than 2 seconds when before it was around 7-8 or so.

GMaps loaded in 13 seconds versus 30+ normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVINCIBZ View Post
    what changes did this have cause my email signature still the same.

Sprint branded default email signature corrected

-- Sent from my Palm Pre (before and is still the same)
    The email signatures are saved to a configuration database. Since you saved it before, that is what it says now.

Now create a new email address and see the signature on the new one says "Sent from my Palm {device} on the Now Network from Sprint"

It seems they have to insert ads into the emails even though we pay for the devices and the service. Pathetic, but at least Palm makes it editable.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Where is the geotagging functionality located?
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post

Music app loads waaay faster, less than 2 seconds when before it was around 7-8 or so.

GMaps loaded in 13 seconds versus 30+ normally.
    In the prevous version you had to remove the dashes just before the "sent from my Pre" line to get the changes to stick. This may still hold true.
    Quote Originally Posted by hookdc View Post
    Where is the geotagging functionality located?
    Location Services
    Vegas89134
    just thought i'd update here just over 6 hours being off the charger and i'm at 72% battery been in somewhat poor service are inside a hospital running off wifi since 4 pm and i've been using my phone like normal usually i'd have to plug into a charger by now.... also the Phone Card is now black instead of ugly green. The black looks soooo much better.

EDIT: i think i traced the black phone card back to the Glass Effect Suite.. why this wasn't black before 1.4.5 i don't know
    Last edited by honda07si; 08/11/2010 at 06:27 PM.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast