Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    for some reaso nmy pixix (verizon) doesnt support preware with this new software...im a rookie at this. can someone explain to me what I need to do
    Maybe it's just me, but after the update this morning my icon layout is 4x4 instead of the previous 3x4. (I've NEVER installed that patch, because I didn't want it.) Also, I've got 3 new "Apps": USB Passthrough, First Use, and Phone Prefs. I've never installed these previously, so I can only assume that they were packaged with the update. Thoughts? Only other cause could be Preware...I used the save/restore features to get all of my patches back.
    I was having an issue with my Mobile Hotspot that involved having to enter a specific IP address in order for the WiFI to work. This has been fixed. (And I was using XP/SP3.)

Verizon Pre Plus.
    I finished doctoring my pre plus (verizon) phone earlier today to 1.4.5 and added uberkernel and a couple other small patches. Later this evening I noticed my phone's white bar light blinking twice. When I picked up my phone, it showed that I had a new email message.

I know there was a patch a while ago for this, but I had not applied it. When I was using 1.4.1 with Verizon, it did not do this. Did Verizon just add in this feature? I don't remember seeing it on the release notes? Sorry if I overlooked it.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    just noticed that 1.4.5 fixed my help app! It's been corrupt on my att pre plus since I bought it. Of all the apps to not work, I thought that was an odd one. Always gave me the 'could not open page dialog'. Maybe now I can get questions answered without having to come here!
    Since the 1.4.5 update for my VZW Pre Plus (running uberkernal at 800 mhz) ive noticed one giant thing. After a full 11 hours unplugged from the wall or touchstone, i was still at 79% battery, instead of 20% or less.

Anyone else notice a significant change in their battery performance, or is mine just a freak?
    Mine still sucks. I have to use both my OEM battery and Centro battery to get through a day of school and work with normal use and some games.
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    I don't notice any improvement. I'm actually draining my battery even faster on 1.4.5 because I play Angry Birds throughout the day now. Before 1.4.5, I never played any games on my Pre.
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Mine drains faster now, too. Power optimizations would have been nice . Maybe with 2.0?
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Mine is about the same. I have no empirical evidence, but I'm pretty sure that background drain is lower; however, I can't stop playing Angry Birds.
    Quote Originally Posted by mnotar91 View Post
    I don't notice any improvement. I'm actually draining my battery even faster on 1.4.5 because I play Angry Birds throughout the day now. Before 1.4.5, I never played any games on my Pre.
    Man, what was I thinking when I loaded AB? My productivity - shaky at all times, just took a nose dive. Totally addicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegameinformer View Post
    Since the 1.4.5 update for my VZW Pre Plus (running uberkernal at 800 mhz) ive noticed one giant thing. After a full 11 hours unplugged from the wall or touchstone, i was still at 79% battery, instead of 20% or less.

Anyone else notice a significant change in their battery performance, or is mine just a freak?
    Now that I made the switch... with my data settings. Other than that "Nope"
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcarner View Post
    Man, what was I thinking when I loaded AB? My productivity - shaky at all times, just took a nose dive. Totally addicted.
    Before I bought it I was expecting it to be a time killer type of game and nothing more for $2.00. It's the complete opposite of a time killer game, it's addicting like most others say it is.
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Last week I decided to keep my Wi-Fi on while the phone sleeps (for the helluvit) and since then I noticed that my battery life has improved. The reason why I hadn't done it before was because it would drain my battery (This was back in the days of 1.3.x). Has anyone noticed an improvement with 1.4.5?
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    THE PDF VIEWER IS BROKEN. NO MORE ZOOM! Carelessness and outright lies!
    is there any way to get wifi on pixi
    My PDF viewer seems to zoom fine. I tried 5 different PDFs.

Verizon Palm Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Back with my older Palm units, I can copy and paste ONLY a certain portion of a message or notepad or any other document.

Now, my Palm Pixi Plus merely allows me to copy the whole message or document or notepad detail.

Is there a program or option that will allow me to copy just a portion by dragging my finger and highlighting a certain portion only?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by egzbuen View Post
    Is there a program or option that will allow me to copy just a portion by dragging my finger and highlighting a certain portion only?
    Try placing the courser at the front of the text you want, press and hold the shift key, and then drag your finger to select the text.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345