Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Now, this is a difference I just noticed. I only have a few photos in my Pre, right now, but I didn't have the usual lag, while waiting for them to render. Smooth scrolling right through.
    Yes Very Silky Smooth scrolling, just loaded 483 photos in 1min n 11 sec. Fully rendered without delay.

Long live Webos
    Maybe some webOS 2.0 code is trickling in.

GPU acceleration is going to be awesome!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I have noticed more "smoothness" and speed overall as well, and its not an illusion. I think a lot more changes were done under the hood than on the change log....
    assassin's creed and need for speed now in the catalog for e. I didn't uninstall a single patch and after the update, preware updated all of my patches when I opened it.

browser scrolling, zooming, pic rendering faster. Not placebo effect, I use my phone enough to know. Everything is super snappy. Very pleased.
    Shane, that bug's still freaking me out!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffgus View Post
    I found this is the update for the photo viewing app:

Code:
    shareFamilyAppId: 'com.palm.app.connect',
    shareFamilyAppText: $L("Share with My Group"),

case 'share-wallpaper':
                            this.handleSetAsWallpaper();
                            break;
                    case 'share-family':
                            this.handleShareWithFamily();
                            break;
                    case 'share-contact':
                            this.handleAssignToContact();
                            break;
    It appears the share picture with family (or group) menu item only appears if the 'share-family' app is loaded on the phone.
    what is share family app?
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    I have noticed more "smoothness" and speed overall as well, and its not an illusion. I think a lot more changes were done under the hood than on the change log....
    Agreed. Remember that 1.3.1 laid the SDL groundwork that allow the WOSI team to give us DOOM and Quake before 3D gaming "officially" hit with 1.3.5.

And I can confirm reports that the Photos app is more responsive as is switching from Camera to Photos via the thumbnail icon.
    Last edited by cobrakon; 08/12/2010 at 02:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Agreed. Remember that 1.3.1 laid the SDL groundwork that allow the WOSI team to give us DOOM and Quake before 3D gaming "officially" hit with 1.3.5.

And I can confirm reports that the Photos app is more responsive as is switching from Camera to Photos via the thumbnail icon.
    When I took more, they still took about a second to render, so it isn't a huge change, but a little faster.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    what is share family app?
    Darn good question! The only reference that I see for it is in the photo app. It looks for an app with the ID 'com.palm.app.connect'. Since it appears to be a new app, my guess is that it does much more than share photos.
    Just noticed the Alarm in the clock app is no longer tied to Media Volume. I had Media volume at zero and my alarm still sounded this morning. Nice fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp70 View Post
    assassin's creed and need for speed now in the catalog for e. I didn't uninstall a single patch and after the update, preware updated all of my patches when I opened it.

browser scrolling, zooming, pic rendering faster. Not placebo effect, I use my phone enough to know. Everything is super snappy. Very pleased.
    just curious, how many patches do you have installed
    (and could you list them.....if not too many

never mind ..........I see you have like 27 patches
    Last edited by r_w_byrn; 08/12/2010 at 06:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcolon3 View Post
    I think the geotagging for photos is new. Is it?
    How does geotagging work and how do you activate it on the pre/pixi?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post

Over the next few days, my bet is developers will figure out others changes or enhancements that are responsible for the performance increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loosh11 View Post
    How does geotagging work and how do you activate it on the pre/pixi?
    How it works? Simple: It adds the coordinates of where you are to the photo, so websites and programs like flickr or iPhoto can locate your photo in a map. To activate it, just go to "location services" and enable it.
    **sigh**
    So after 3 pages so far, of ooo maybe the update did this, or maybe it did that.. we really cant say for sure even ONE NEW thing this update gave us can we?

Other than , for me about 4 hours, of playing "mental twister" to get my phone back to how it was before the update..

Oh well.. guess every update cant be as exciting as 1.4.1 that gave us video, was..
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    The new default email signature in 1.4.5 still sucks. Changed mine to:

--Sent via webOS on the Sprint Palm Pre
    Wish you could set up multiple signatures and choose which one you wanted.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    **sigh**
    So after 3 pages so far, of ooo maybe the update did this, or maybe it did that.. we really cant say for sure even ONE NEW thing this update gave us can we?

Other than , for me about 4 hours, of playing "mental twister" to get my phone back to how it was before the update..

Oh well.. guess every update cant be as exciting as 1.4.1 that gave us video, was..
    It fixed a security issue. Probably also explains the delay.

http://www.precentral.net/webos-sms-exploit-revealed

Ya, but the FOUR year old in me says WHO CARES , its NOT something I can feel, see, taste, or smell
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast