Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Flicking photos in photo app is now really fast, as fast as iOS. No more "wait until the photo loads in order to flick"
    I don't know if I just lucked out or something, but I have NOT been using any kernals and Pre has been running a LOT smoother since the 1.4.5. I even just did the OTA, nothing special at all. Anyone else or did I just luck out?
    sometimes there is a perceived increase in speed secondary to the very complete reset your device undergoes with an update.

not saying a speed increase isn't there, just that it will take a few days of use to really get the feel of the new os and it's impact on real world speed.
    And that may be the case, but haven't had any problems with too many cards or anything silly really, but very well may be a matter of time. Either way, this is the best update for me in regards to date so far, whether it's slow later. Been better thus far...
    I would say that there is a rather big bump in speed. I was running my phone at 800mhz with uberkernal and it was still jerky when scrolling and it would hang every now and again. After the update I had a huge level of smoothness added to my experience. Phone calls, alerts, and anything else that pops up on the screen just does so a lot smoother. Now that I have uberkernal on again it is like a got a new phone. I have never been able to scroll my apps or web pages this smooth since the day I got my phone.
    after the update this morning (before i reinstalled f105 and all the other patches that needed updated through preware) i played with the phone for a few hours at stock speed. I would agree with what your saying as well. Prior to this update i could NOT tolerate the phone running at 500. After the update everything seemed extremely smooth and actually "faster".
    its definitely faster i was surprised but it was the first thing i noticed...
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I found this is the update for the photo viewing app:

Code:
    shareFamilyAppId: 'com.palm.app.connect',
    shareFamilyAppText: $L("Share with My Group"),

case 'share-wallpaper':
                            this.handleSetAsWallpaper();
                            break;
                    case 'share-family':
                            this.handleShareWithFamily();
                            break;
                    case 'share-contact':
                            this.handleAssignToContact();
                            break;
    It appears the share picture with family (or group) menu item only appears if the 'share-family' app is loaded on the phone.
    The speed was actually the first thing I noticed to and why I thought I would say something about it...
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    transitions within apps feel a little different...like there is more fade out and in.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I also found this is the wifi setup program:

Code:
                           else if (params.hotspot.messageType == "terms") {
                                   this.controller.showAlertDialog({
                                           onChoose: function(value) {
                                                   if (value == 'Accept') {
                                                           CarrierHotspot.resumeLogin(this.controller, null, null);
                                                   }
                                                   else {
                                                           CarrierHotspot.abortLogin(this.controller, null, null);
                                                   }
                                           },
                                           title: params.hotspot.messageTitle,
                                           choices: [{
                                                   label: $L("Reject"),
                                                   value: 'Reject',
                                           }, {
                                                   label: $L("Accept"),
                                                   value: 'Accept',
                                                   type: 'affirmative'
                                           }]
                                   });
                           }
    It appears to be some sort of logic for dealing with "carrier hotspots". Since I haven't looked at the code closely, I do not know exactly what this means yet.
    a little faster and smoother here!
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    Flicking photos in photo app is now really fast, as fast as iOS. No more "wait until the photo loads in order to flick"
    Now, this is a difference I just noticed. I only have a few photos in my Pre, right now, but I didn't have the usual lag, while waiting for them to render. Smooth scrolling right through.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon
    Music app loads waaay faster, less than 2 seconds when before it was around 7-8 or so.
    Th entire music app is much faster. Looks like they finally gave it some attention.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    The whole phone seems to be ten times quicker in general. App Catalog, Photos, Videos, etc. It's really nice. I haven't even ireinstalled a kernel yet. I'll be surprised if I see an improvement in battery life, since I can't last through 6 hours at work with just checking Twitter here and there.
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    The whole phone seems to be ten times quicker in general. App Catalog, Photos, Videos, etc. It's really nice. I haven't even ireinstalled a kernel yet. I'll be surprised if I see an improvement in battery life, since I can't last through 6 hours at work with just checking Twitter here and there.
    since i updated to 1.4.5 this morning.....i'm going on from a full charge 7.5 hours without having to charge anything this is with my normal use during the day while at work.... i work in a hospital that has sucky cell service... been using wifi though. Usually by 7 PM i'm less then 25%..... i took my phone off the charger at 2PM it's now 9:40 PM and i'm at 52% this is with the standard battery that comes with the phone. I'd say it's one hell of an improvement!

EDIT: forgot to add i have the stock prekernel thats it
    Last edited by honda07si; 08/11/2010 at 09:17 PM.
    same here. I actually forgot that i had uninstalled Uberkernel
    Camera Fun! & Face Morpher
    My babies =)
    illusions
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    illusions
    my battery life is no illusion lol
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    1 minute n 11 seconds to Load 483 Photos Fully.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast