1.    #1  
    Help save my marriage.

I often don't hear the alert when my wife texts me or the ringtone when she calls me. I usually keep volume set to max unless it is turned off. I am often surprised to see the volume indicator has reset to off or nearly off.

How can I assure that tones and alerts that are turned on at all, are at the max.

Thanks.

Len
    You can download a free program called MP3 gain, use your USB to put the tones you use in your computer, then use it to raise the volume as much as needed, then put them back in your phone.

Several alert tones that I liked were far too low to be heard, so I used it to adjust them as necessary.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    The alerts I use are loud enough if the Pre's volume is turned up. Th problem is that sometimes -- too often-- I find that the phone's volume has somehow been turned all the way down... That is what I want to prevent.

TIA, LEn
    Is it possible that you have the phone in your pocket or in a case and are bumping the volume buttons? I inadvertently bump mine all the time.
    Unfortunetely, this is a bug that appeared with the 1.4.1 update. As far as I know, there is no way to fix this problem. I am hoping this gets fixed with the 1.4.5 update since I use my phone as an alarm clock, & de to this issue I have overslept a few times...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Is it possible that you have the phone in your pocket or in a case and are bumping the volume buttons? I inadvertently bump mine all the time.
    That is definitely a possibility. But why should it be possible to adjust volume under such circumstances?
    if you download modeswitcher you can have it set to turn the volume up within a certain time (your working hours). I use mode switcher for everything. It is awesome.
  8.    #8  
    Hmmm. Does modeswitcher override the volume buttons?

If Verwon is right, perhaps we need a patch to disable the volume buttons or even better a patch that provides a switch to enable and disable the buttons.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Folks,
    I am looking for a app where I can track my family members. I need this application work between palm pre and android devices

thanks
  10.    #10  
    Where can I find Mode switcher? I don't see it in the App catalogue or PreWare..although I see some utilities to use with t. (Forgive me if I have double posted this..using my Pre)
    I would check your settings for sound, and ecspecially for ringswitch. I used to have this problem but what i have done is.

-for ring switch off i set it to vibrate
    -for ring switch on i set it to sound and vibrate
    -make sure ring tone volume is up all the way and system sounds.
    -Also make sure you find a good ringtone that is fairly loud, and makes loud songs. I noticed that ones with a lot of vocals are hard to hear. from the stock ringers "oldphone" is best.
    y-you can also patch for vibrate extension for texts and such.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    I would check your settings for sound, and ecspecially for ringswitch. I used to have this problem but what i have done is.

-for ring switch off i set it to vibrate
    -for ring switch on i set it to sound and vibrate
    -make sure ring tone volume is up all the way and system sounds.
    -Also make sure you find a good ringtone that is fairly loud, and makes loud songs. I noticed that ones with a lot of vocals are hard to hear. from the stock ringers "oldphone" is best.
    y-you can also patch for vibrate extension for texts and such.
    Thanks, Maestro1, but I had already done all of those things (except use vibrate and sound together- IIRC the vibration starts before the sound delaying it. I do use vibrate when I have turned volume off with the mechanical switch on top of the Pre.)

I just want to keep the volume set to max for alerts and rings.

(I use Fanfare for the Common Man as a ringtone. It builds nicely. If I hear it right away I can answer without disturbing anyone. If I let it go, it builds into a booming ring. I use Shimmer and Flurry for SMS and other alerts. Other system sounds are turned off. All volume sliders are set to the max.)
  13.    #13  
    Question: Is this the app I found in Preware under the name "Profiles?" That seems to have all of the functions referred to.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    i've discovered today that the volume rockers on the side of the pre control the ringtone volume as well as just the system volume, which in my mind is not the intended result.
    i'm not sure if this is what's causing your problem, but it may be.
    my situation is this: if i turn up the volume on the rocker, the notification volume is too loud. so i turn that down to two, but it also controls the ringtone volume in the phone preferences, so then my ringtone is too quiet to hear a phone call come through! very frustrating. from what i'm reading here, this only started happening in webos 1.2 and no-one has been able to solve it since.
    anyone have any ideas??
    I'm late coming back to the party, but I will add that yes, it is possible to just bump the volume buttons, in your pocket or where have you and alter the sound level. I've done it many times, sometimes I even just bump them when I am picking up my phone.