1.    #1  
    Hello everyone, after watching for a price drop, I finally pulled the trigger on a brand new palm pre plus for at&t off of ebay ($255.00) That's $45.00 less than the no commitment price from at&t. I'm really excited, shipment was free, it should be here in the next 5 to 7 business days. There's a lot of info. on this site, and I'm not trying to be lazy however is there a list of recommended patches and apps free and paid that I should install when it comes in? Man, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning! This will be my first smart phone as well.
    new card per convo. This allows you to have more then 1 card for mesg with someone at the same time.

don't like how I worded that but I'm sure you get it.,lol
    While I do have a few patches installed I'd say, given where webOS is today, there isn't any "required" patches. a lot of the really big holes have been filled with OS updates over the last year.

I think you should use the phone for a few weeks and find out where the holes are for you, if any, and then look over the patch list to see if there are any that improve things for you.

Just my take.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Virtual keyboard
    3000 auto replace words
    Landscape messaging
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    ubercalendar
    advanced configuration for app launcher
    enable landscape email, messaging, pdf
    system menu today menu
    timestamps builtin (for messaging)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbriar511 View Post
    Hello everyone, after watching for a price drop, I finally pulled the trigger on a brand new palm pre plus for at&t off of ebay ($255.00) That's $45.00 less than the no commitment price from at&t. I'm really excited, shipment was free, it should be here in the next 5 to 7 business days. There's a lot of info. on this site, and I'm not trying to be lazy however is there a list of recommended patches and apps free and paid that I should install when it comes in? Man, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning! This will be my first smart phone as well.
    Where are you getting it shipped to?

Pip
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Really Silent Ringer Switch mute, plus Ringer Switch Icon.
    Enter Key for New Line, in messaging.
    uber calender for sure, virtual keyboard
    4x4 menu patch, (i prefer version3)
    hide quicklaunch bar in launcher.
    chiat history baloon color
    vibrate extension for text messaging
    glass effect.
    date in top bar
    words instead of icons for email.
    This thread might help

Survey : Most popular patches
    I guess it would depend on what you are looking for. I personally didn't like the various phone sounds so installed a patch for that. I hated sending email by mistake so I have a patch for that. I also didn't like the dialpad tones so I have a patch for that as well. These are just a few of the 100+ patches I have installed many of them customized for me and will never see preware. But like ryleyinst said try out the phone first to see what you like and disklike and I am sure a patch has been created. Welcome to Precentral and Pre World. Your life will never be the same.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Where are you getting it shipped to?

Pip

Northeast Arkansas
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbriar511 View Post
    Northeast Arkansas
    No AT&T 3G coverage there, not ideal for a smartphone......
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by rivum View Post
    ubercalendar
    advanced configuration for app launcher
    enable landscape email, messaging, pdf
    system menu today menu
    timestamps builtin (for messaging)
    +1, esp for uber calendar - best patch available, IMO.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Enter Key for New Line, in messaging.
    This, out of those mentioned.
    Prē
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I used to think I had to have the 5x4 launcher page + add pages + named pages ... But the more I use universal search, the less I find myself even using the launcher.
    (Universal search has got to beone of the best things that this phone comes with.)