Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    This sucks....same issue out of no where. Def a software issue because it happens with Bluetooth also? But then again I shake the crap out of the phone and seems to go away but can't get it to come back by shaking it again...

    Any other suggestion guys?
    It's probably an issue with the radio and you'll have to get it replaced.
  2. #22  
    had a problem w crackling like that....had to push on screen to get to work.

    eventually ended up needing replacement
  3. GigaS27's Avatar
    Posts
    286 Posts
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    had a problem w crackling like that....had to push on screen to get to work.

    eventually ended up needing replacement
    Thanks that's my exact problem
    Sprint Palm Pre-
  4. #24  
    great. I've got the same problem. The thing is worthless without a working phone. I've gone through 4 pre's already in a year for various hardware reasons and sprint is tired of shipping the things back so now i'm getting charged 35 bucks even though its under warranty. not to mention it takes 2 weeks to get one now. hpalm better hurry up with some new hardware cause i'm getting sick of this ****
  5. #25  
    Electrical tape to the mic area inside to hold the plastic piece down.
  6. #26  
    Got the crackling sound problem now on my 6th Pre... Sigh... I've only had this one for like a month and was liking it b/c it OCs nicely and no oreo. Music plays fine. It's just during calls, I get loud crackling/popping sounds from the earpiece, headset, speakerphone. The other side can hear me fine but I cannot hear them at all.

    Anyone ever figure out a solution for this? Or is this a hardware problem and I need to get another replacement?
  7. #27  
    I have the same issue, from what I have found it is a hardware issue, I was thinking about doing a com board swap to see if that makes a difference. hopefully there is a solution for this, I am not ready for a new phone yet.
    Rocking out Franken Pre2 2.2.4 and TP 3.0.5

    Published TP Apps:
    Anagramarama HD
    Published Phone Apps
    Anagramarama
    DDII Free
  8. #28  
    I had this problem on my Pre-.
    I used that to create a FrankenPre+. Since the comm board and antenna moved (but the problem did not follow) I place the blame on the other components.
    However, I'm certain it is hardware caused. I recommend biting the bullet and doing the surgery to fix the problem.
  9. #29  
    that is some very helpful information, since I will be getting my hands on a Pre+ soon. I might just take the Pre- completely apart, clean it all, and put it back together and see if that fixes anything, if not I can always make a FrankenPre+
    Rocking out Franken Pre2 2.2.4 and TP 3.0.5

    Published TP Apps:
    Anagramarama HD
    Published Phone Apps
    Anagramarama
    DDII Free
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVisibleShadow View Post
    I had this problem on my Pre-.
    I used that to create a FrankenPre+. Since the comm board and antenna moved (but the problem did not follow) I place the blame on the other components.
    However, I'm certain it is hardware caused. I recommend biting the bullet and doing the surgery to fix the problem.
    This the first time I've heard someone with your outcome, which is very interesting, because it always seems like the comm board itself is the culprit. It would indeed seem then that it's worth a try to swap the comm board into a different body if there's a chance that will fix things.
    Last edited by sq5; 01/11/2012 at 12:24 PM.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by elpollodiablo1 View Post
    that is some very helpful information, since I will be getting my hands on a Pre+ soon. I might just take the Pre- completely apart, clean it all, and put it back together and see if that fixes anything, if not I can always make a FrankenPre+
    If you're going to that trouble, I'd still consider going ahead and doing the FrankenPre+ anyway. The better hardware (especially overclocked), plus running webOS 2.1 (don't bother with 2.2.4 right now), will be a nice improvement.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    Electrical tape to the mic area inside to hold the plastic piece down.
    does this work? I all of a sudden have this problem . I think its from dust. Gonna try to clean the heck out of it tomorrow.
  13. #33  
    I cleaned it, no dice. Then experimentally tapping while the static played on speaker phone, finally did the trick. I guess you'd really have to disassemble a bit to get to the mic area...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions