1.    #1  
    Good evening.

I would like to upload an mp3 from my computer to my Pre Plus to use as a ringtone, but the quality of the song is nowhere near the quality of the existing ringtones on the pre. How can I amplify the music to match that quality, and be nice sounding? Are there steps I can take to make my custom ringtones sound louder and great?

Thank you for your help!
    Look for an app for your computer called MP3 trim.
    Audacity is a good prog from manipulating audio files.

Although... I dont know of any program you can simply push a button and increase the "quality" of an mp3.... you might be able to play with it some and get it to sound better though.
    you can't amplify sound that isn't there (in terms of quality). Volume can be adjusted from 'mp3 trim'. Volume means re-riping your cd. Are you after volume or quality?
  5.    #5  
    Let me better explain myself...The ringtones that come pre-loaded on the Pre, but nice and clear and great sounding...however...when I upload a HIGH QUALITY Mp3 file from my computer to the Pre to use as a ringtone..it sounds very low and I have to turn up the volume on the phone to hear it ringing from another room...what can I do to make mp3 files that sound GREAT on the computer, sound better on the pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by littledebbie View Post
    Let me better explain myself...The ringtones that come pre-loaded on the Pre, but nice and clear and great sounding...however...when I upload a HIGH QUALITY Mp3 file from my computer to the Pre to use as a ringtone..it sounds very low and I have to turn up the volume on the phone to hear it ringing from another room...what can I do to make mp3 files that sound GREAT on the computer, sound better on the pre...
    Youve already been given two options... mp3 trim and audacity will both amplify and re record an audio file...

however... what we are saying still stands... you arent explaining yourself better.... sounding great and having good quality is not the same thing as sounding loud... if you want it loud... youve been given options... if you want better quality or want it equalized to work with pres speaker thats a whole different can of worms.
  7.    #7  
    Ok..I want it equalized to work with Pre Speakers..can you tell me the steps to do that then? Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by littledebbie View Post
    Ok..I want it equalized to work with Pre Speakers..can you tell me the steps to do that then? Thank you
    I suggest that you attach your soundfile to a reply or post it somewhere accessible. Then we can see what the answer is.
    Well it was quite the same with my old ringtones. I've used them all the time I have got Nokia. All of them sound very 'flat' and rather quietly in Pre, while Pre ringtones are very nice and loud. I use only Pre sounds now. There are no Pres around me (except my daughter), so I'm the only one have such ringtones which is OK for me.
    I think there are a lot of high sounds in Pre ringtones. It means there are a lot of bells, triangles and xylophone like sounds. So maybe they are better recognizable for uour ears. Maybe speaker is better prepared for such kind of sounds?
    I think solution for you is to choose soundtrack with a lot of small bells rings and try to compare it with Pre ringtones.
    Regards,
    Krecony