1.    #1  
    I guess I have this phantom app on my pre I'm with sprint I was told that with a partial erase it would get rid of it,do you loose your notes ,emails with a partial erase?and if you do how can you get them back ? I'm not soo good at thi so a doctor thing I don't even want to try help I'm stuck
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    there is another way. I had that problem and when I searched I found a thread that directed to delete a certain file and restart. I can't remember the file and I am not near computer (on Pre) to search. Sorry I can't help more but I wanted to let you know there is another way.
  3.    #3  
    hey thanks if you can let me know later when ur by a computer I'd appreciate it thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by nycinter View Post
    I guess I have this phantom app on my pre I'm with sprint I was told that with a partial erase it would get rid of it,do you loose your notes ,emails with a partial erase?and if you do how can you get them back ? I'm not soo good at thi so a doctor thing I don't even want to try help I'm stuck
    Follow these instructions:
    Quote Originally Posted by rgisraelsen View Post
    Solution:

From a terminal window, type the following commands:

cd /var
    cd palm
    cd data
    cd com.palm.appInstallService
    rm installHistory.db
    press orange + SYM + R to reboot
    For a terminal window either use terminal from Preware or nova in on a computer.

Pip
  5.    #5  
    hey pip what's terminal ?or nova how do you doit I'm not familiar with that I'm not a comp expertso if you can tell me step by step thanks
    hey pip what's terminal ?or nova how do you doit I'm not familiar with that I'm not a comp expertso if you can tell me step by step thanks
    Me neither to be honest, but this stuff really isn't that technical so don't worry. Do you have Preware?

Pip
    Last edited by pip smith; 07/31/2010 at 09:22 PM.
  7.    #7  
    no I don't have pre ware
    no I don't have pre ware
    Ok then I recommend the partial erase.
    Command window would take to long in your case.

Pip