1.    #1  
    I nearly skipped over the recent Precentral.net tip, "Highlight / Select text," but the comment by reidme got me playing with shift+tap and I had no idea how powerful and useful it was.

I found that you can use shift+tap to select a paragraph or block of editable text, even if you have to scroll. If you shift+tap a word, you can then scroll as far as you want and shift+tap the end of the block of text you want to select, and it selects the whole thing. Note, you don't have to hold down the shift key the whole time. Very nice.

Before using shift+tap, I was using option+drag to select blocks of text, and it was a pain. I also have an iPod Touch, and I was wishing webOS had the nice bars to drag around. But I think this is at least as good, if not better.

Anyway, I searched around and couldn't find a thread or post covering this, so I thought I'd make one.
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    every one knows this already.
    No-thanks for the snarky reply! I guess I was the only slow one here, 'cause I didn't know it before! So if you're counting me (the OP) as part of "everyone" then "everyone" doesn't know it already.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    No-thanks for the snarky reply! I guess I was the only slow one here, 'cause I didn't know it before! So if you're counting me (the OP) as part of "everyone" then "everyone" doesn't know it already.
    Don't bother. There's lots of <<stuff>> he doesn't know.
    And there's lots of <<stuff>> I don't know.
    We all have <<stuff>> to learn I guess.
    For example how not to be snarky, or how not to enable snarky snarkers.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/31/2010 at 06:20 PM. Reason: language