Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This list reduces the catalog by ~1000 apps. What do you guys have that I'm missing?

Maintainer
    ----------
    AppBookShop
    Appible
    Appwill Inc.
    Arctic Apps
    Brighthouse Labs
    Concentric Sky
    Dijit
    EHYP Productions
    Freedom Communications
    FunMobility Inc
    Hammz Hotteez
    Islet Systems
    Mobifusion Inc.
    On The Go Girls, LLC
    Pressed Apps
    PalmAgent
    tEarn Media
    Ultralingua
    UpWard Mobility
    WebOZ Mobile Apps
    XIMAD

Title
    ------
    "soundboard"
    "vuvuzela"

Description
    -----------
    "tip calc"
    Last edited by tobias funke; 07/24/2010 at 09:22 AM.
    GiganticSoft
    I can't wait till this feature is released in the public feed! Thanks for the list. It'll make blacklisting fast for me
    +1
    I added Dijit,Appible Llc, and AppBookShop.com. What have you all blacklisted?
    <<threads merged>>
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    So far, Maintainer:
    Appible
    Brighthouse Labs
    Dijit
    Europe Pictures
    Hammz
    Jackapps
    Mobifusion
    more solutions
    On The Go Girls
    Pocket Zebra
    tEarn Media
    Upward Mobility

Title:
    nobama
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    thats a lot of crapware
    envision mobile ltd.
    Thanks for the easy copy and paste and thanks to webos internals for adding this functionality. It has re-revolutionized the preware browsing experience.

I added catbox....
    just think in comparison how much crap spam there is on apple and android. Sure they can show off their numbers but from what I have been hearing is the crap spam makes it near impossible to find the good stuff. Hopefully this doesn't become a tend and remains the handful of big offenders. Note ones that only have about 10 or 15 crap apps I haven't blocked because they aren't spamming them all at once and bumping the version number on all at once. I blocked the big offenders who up the version number of all their apps just to push them to the top of the most recent apps list making it annoying to look for other new app. *cough* brighthouse labs *cough* and maybe one other notorious for that. And appBookShop never heard of eReaders I guess being number two big offender for clutter when looking for what's new. I'll have to compare anything new from this thread to my list and see what's what.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    thanks for the quick list to ban.
    Maybe we need an option to add all of these, and keep current
    with any new offenders.
    don't forget ds effecs
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    This list reduces the catalog by ~1000 apps. What do you guys have that I'm missing?

Maintainer
    ----------
    AppBookShop
    Appible
    Appwill Inc.
    Arctic Apps
    Brighthouse Labs
    Concentric Sky
    Dijit
    EHYP Productions
    Freedom Communications
    FunMobility Inc
    Hammz Hotteez
    Islet Systems
    Mobifusion Inc.
    On The Go Girls, LLC
    Pressed Apps
    PalmAgent
    tEarn Media
    Ultralingua
    UpWard Mobility
    WebOZ Mobile Apps
    XIMAD

Title
    ------
    "soundboard"
    "vuvuzela"

Description
    -----------
    "tip calc"
    just curious why did you blacklist "WebOZ Mobile Apps"
  16.    #16  
    The last thing I need on my phone is a book from thousands of years ago that tells me to throw stones at gay people. :-)
    Here is a run down with counts as of this posting. Please note that some of the developers with small amounts around 10 or less apps some may not consider spam or crap apps so you may want to check to make sure they aren't developers you would be interested in. I didn't add any new ones to my black list from this list only the ones with 30+ apps I blacklisted. Some of the other ones I may blacklist depending on their reputation of adding and updating apps. If their additions and updates start cluttering the daily checks for whats new and updated then they will get added to mine.

App Catalog---Amount blacklist removed---developer

139--247--AppBookShop
    080--082--Appible LLC
    017--017--Appwill Inc
    005--005--Arctic Apps
    140--352--Brighthouse Labs
    010--010--Concentric Sky
    091--093--Dijit
    010--010--EHYP Productions
    004--004--Envision Mobile Ltd
    006--006--Freedom Communications
    007--007--FunMobility Inc
    003--003--GiganticSoft
    004--004--Hammz Hotteez
    006--006--Islet Systems
    001--002--Jackapps.mobi
    ???--014--Mobifusion Inc
    008--009--More Solutions, LLC
    014--014--On The Go Girls, LLC
    001--052--Palmagent Inc
    004--003--Pocket Zebra (for some reason blacklist removes one less than shows up in catalog)
    006--006--Pressed Apps
    039--043--tEarn Media
    049--049--Upward Mobility
    015--015--Ultralingua, Inc
    025--025--Europe Pictures
    008--008--WebOZ Mobile Apps
    027--027--XIMAD
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    The last thing I need on my phone is a book from thousands of years ago that tells me to throw stones at gay people. :-)
    And if you actually read that book you would notice that it does not tell you to throw stones at gay people.

With that kind of thought process you might as well add Rusty Apps because "it tells you to throw stones at fat people".

You don't like it, blacklist it on your own, but don't tell everyone else to blacklist it because *you* don't want to get anywhere near it.
  19.    #19  
    I didn't tell anyone to blacklist anything. I simply posted my own blacklist and asked for suggestions that I'm missing.

If someone is dumb enough to add my entire list to their Preware without checking any of it and confirming my choices, that's their own problem, isn't it?

I appreciate what StoneRyno did by going through my list and referencing the number of apps removed by each one, which may help others making their own list. That's a good example of how to make a helpful post in a thread, something you should pay heed to.
    Quote Originally Posted by flashdrive View Post
    And if you actually read that book you would notice that it does not tell you to throw stones at gay people.

With that kind of thought process you might as well add Rusty Apps because "it tells you to throw stones at fat people".

You don't like it, blacklist it on your own, but don't tell everyone else to blacklist it because *you* don't want to get anywhere near it.
    He responded truthfully because he was asked, an ad hominem approach doesn't earn you any points for your cause.

Instead try to form a truly logical argument swaying others from his suggestion, Why should people consider keeping that contributer out of the blacklist?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast