Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My pre has recently decided to stop saving new contacts. It tells me that it cannot store the contact and to try again...once I try again it tells me there was an error storing the contact.

Has this happened to anyone else?!?! Can someone please help me?!?!?!?!
    Have you tried rebooting the phone recently?

Do you have any patches installed, especially ones that affect the contact application?
    Check to see if you have an account tied to the contact you are trying to save... you can tell by looking at the icon in the very top left corner of the contact. Do you have the double-blue arrows of for the palm profile, or google, etc? i was having a problem where a contact would not save because it did not have any account tied to it, but once i tapped on that icon and select "palm profile", it worked just fine
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I am having the same problem. I can't save a new contact when trying to do it from the contacts app. But I found that I can add the contact after I make a call and add the contact from the phone app. I don't see any icon on the upper left. Of all the fuss about the iPhone4's antenna problems, I think this and other basic problems (like cannot seach email) are even more serious problems. These problems are with as basic a feature as it gets.
    By anychance, are any of you using Uber-Kernel?

I installed Uber-Kernel 1.4.1-74 over the weekend, and it stopped saving contacts.

I uninstalled it - no problem.

Installed the update 1.4.1-87 can't save contacts again.

Since I don't add contacts very often, I'm just going to uninstall it when I need to add 3 or more. Kind of a pain, but the benefits of Uber outweigh the problem.

Unless of course, someone knows how a workaround.
    Im having the same problem. No kernel installed. I recently installed a do not answer patch but removed and was still not able to save contacts. any advice would be really great.
    I too encounter the same issue. but it was fixed once we supplied and active google/facebook account. i'm no expert, but i believe palm and other Google phones NEED a web based client to save any contact data. I remember when a client of my purchased the pre and asked if he could turn off the google sync, i told him i'm sure you could but would you want to? because if your phone needs to be replace so will all of your data. tmobile sidekick work the same way, and i know the droid will not allow you to activate the phone w/ out a working google address.

my 2 cents..
    If you or anyone ever have this problem again just go to contacts > Preferences & Accounts > make sure your palm profile is set as your default account and press sync now.
    Your default account doesn't have to be your Palm profile, there just has to be something selected as the default.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    has your issue been resolved ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    the last person who ask for help on this thread was nearly 3 months ago,lol pretty funny.
    ol rush... Bringing them back from the depths! Lol;/
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    ol rush... Bringing them back from the depths! Lol;/
    wow i just saw that !!!!!!!!! gee wiz man why r u doing that ?? this thing was finished like months ago wow !!!!!!!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    (Done because of valid reason) I receive a new pre today and I was having problems adding new contact(s). After searching the forum on this topic...this thread came up. I find that a solution wasn't found for this problem. I'd decided to post what work for me, so that others might try it... if they were in the same situation.

Quote:
    Your default account doesn't have to be your Palm profile, there just has to be something selected as the default. Quote Ends..

I know...however, saving your contact(s) work a lot better with your palm profile as your default account. Once you sync your account all contacts are backup and stored on your profile...and can always be retrieve by you, or a palm
    representative.

Cheers,
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    (Done because of valid reason) I receive a new pre today and I was having problems adding new contact(s). After searching the forum on this topic...this thread came up. I find that a solution wasn't found for this problem. I'd decided to post what work for me, so that others might try it... if they were in the same situation.

Quote:
    Your default account doesn't have to be your Palm profile, there just has to be something selected as the default. Quote Ends..

I know...however, saving your contact(s) work a lot better with your palm profile as your default account. Once you sync your account all contacts are backup and stored on your profile...and can always be retrieve by you, or a palm
    representative.

Cheers,
    And can just as easily be accessed in a google account, yahoo account or etc. And if you use them, you always have your contacts, without needing Palm's help and even if you switch to a non Palm phone!

Matter of fact, you can't even access a Palm Profile online to update or make changes, but you can do that with all the other options.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    And can just as easily be accessed in a google account, yahoo account or etc. And if you use them, you always have your contacts, without needing Palm's help and even if you switch to a non Palm phone!

Matter of fact, you can't even access a Palm Profile online to update or make changes, but you can do that with all the other options.
    What is their to change on your palm profile except your name and password. In fact, you don't need to go on line to change anything > it can be done using your phone. Backup > password > Preference > there you can edit/change your info.(i.e. Name, Email, Security question, Answer, Change password.

In rare cases a person happens to lose their contact(s). All info on your profile is automatically backup everyday.
    Note:For added security you can also use a patch call "Send all contacts via email" which is
    located in preware.(If installed)

Regards,
    I was mostly referring to contact changes, which can only be done on your Pre or Pixi and the Palm Profile does you absolutely no good if you switch to a different nom-Palm phone.

And in case of that, or phone death, most people still want to have access to that info. You don't get that with the Palm Profile.

Not everyone, including me, is a Palm addict and insists on always having one of their phones.
    The bug is actually caused by the device "forgetting" how to save the contact. The fix is simple really.

1. Launch contacts
    2. Select preferences and accounts
    3. Change your default account to something other than what it is now
    4. Backswipe to save
    5. Go back in and change the default account back
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Im with Verwon, I'd rather manage my own contacts. Having google set as the default works great for me! Especially when changing more than 1 contact at a time... on a phone that can become very tedious...

My only problem with Google is that the contact pictures are so low quality, I wish there was a way to change that...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The bug is actually caused by the device "forgetting" how to save the contact. The fix is simple really.

1. Launch contacts
    2. Select preferences and accounts
    3. Change your default account to something other than what it is now
    4. Backswipe to save
    5. Go back in and change the default account back

Well, my Palm Profile was the default account, I just clicked it again - picked it as default again, then did sync now - now I can save new contacts.

Also in these past few months - it would work and stop working at different points.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast