1.    #1  
    Hey, folks.

I've a gsm pre plus. After I flashed it the roaming "R" appeared. Is there a way to get rid of it again? It wasn't there before flashing and I'm in a country where there is no roaming (Costa Rica).

Thanks.
    it's probably there for a reason. Cause your roaming.
  3.    #3  
    There is NO ROAMING in this country, and the "R" was not there before I flashed the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanhdd View Post
    There is NO ROAMING in this country, and the "R" was not there before I flashed the phone.
    You may not be charged for roaming, but that doesn't mean you're not roaming. By definition, roaming means that your cell phone is using a different provider's network. That doesn't mean you'll get charged for it if your plan includes unlimited roaming.
    Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing.
    Exactly what Pre Daddy said.

Most Sprint plans in the U.S. don't charge extra for roaming, but we still show roaming on our phones when we end up picking up a signal from other towers, such as Verizon.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for that clarification, pre_daddy. So I guess there's no way to make the "R" disappear again?
    There should be a setting under the Preferences on the dialer screen where you can set the device to not roam. On Sprint devices its Dialer> Preferences> Voice Network> Sprint Only or Automatic. I would think there is something similar on the GSM versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    There should be a setting under the Preferences on the dialer screen where you can set the device to not roam. On Sprint devices its Dialer> Preferences> Voice Network> Sprint Only or Automatic. I would think there is something similar on the GSM versions.
    I have the same problem here in Spain. My carrier SMIYO is a VMO on the Orange network, and although the only network I can access is SIMYO (even with a manual serach), it always thinks it is roaming. With my contract, the only possible way I could be roaming is if the network MCC is not Spain.

The odd thing is that the R symbol disappears with a YOIGO SIM which is a VMO on the Telefonica and Vodafone networks..