1.    #1  
    horrible battery life with uberkernal v.1.4.1-58 and govnah v0.5.0 when I have it sent on 500/800 screenstate.

seems like it uses more battery when the screen is off compared to when I'm actually using the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    horrible battery life with uberkernal v.1.4.1-58 and govnah v0.5.0 when I have it sent on 500/800 screenstate.

seems like it uses more battery when the screen is off compared to when I'm actually using the phone.
    I would recommend leaving Govnah opened for a while and check the graph to make sure it's going to 500MHz when the screen is off. Just set polling to at least 30Sec. to conserve battery power.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I would recommend leaving Govnah opened for a while and check the graph to make sure it's going to 500MHz when the screen is off. Just set polling to at least 30Sec. to conserve battery power.
    I have and it drops to 500 when screen is off. I've ran the old 800mhz and never had a prob. W the battery.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    then don't use it....sheesh...if you want a faster pre then go for it. If you want out of the box battery life, then uninstall it.

it's not complicated..
    What really surprised me is that when I installed the uberkernal v1.4.1-58 and set it on screenstate, my battery life went from 50% of the end of the day to 70% at the end of the day. I really expected to have reduced battery life. What a pleasant surprise.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by scott500 View Post
    then don't use it....sheesh...if you want a faster pre then go for it. If you want out of the box battery life, then uninstall it.

it's not complicated..
    thanks. Just checking to see if I have a wrong version in something. Found it odd that running the old 800 kernal was easier on the battery then running 500 over half the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    thanks. Just checking to see if I have a wrong version in something. Found it odd that running the old 800 kernal was easier on the battery then running 500 over half the time.
    If you arent underclocking on the screen state, then there should be no positive difference in your battery life only negative.

Any positive battery life change would come from your compache settings.
  8.    #8  
    I get ok batery life with 800 running all the time.