1.    #1  
    I overclocked my phone for the first time yesterday and am happy with the results. I am using Uberkernel with Govnah max 800/ min 500. I have two questions:

1. Will I need to remove the Uberkernel before I update to 1.4.5? (whenever that comes)

2. Will I experience any problems with heat? I use a touchstone and mobile hotspot a lot which seems to warm up the phone. With it being clocked is this a problem?
    yes you should remove the thread

i haven't had any more issues with heat than without the kernel. using the gps radio makes my phone run really hot even with the stock kernel.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    You should definitely download and install one of the temperature patches.

Typically if you are using tethering while charging your phone its gonna get good and hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by dr sharp View Post
    I overclocked my phone for the first time yesterday and am happy with the results. I am using Uberkernel with Govnah max 800/ min 500. I have two questions:

1. Will I need to remove the Uberkernel before I update to 1.4.5? (whenever that comes)

2. Will I experience any problems with heat? I use a touchstone and mobile hotspot a lot which seems to warm up the phone. With it being clocked is this a problem?
    1. The UberKernel has AUPT, so it is not necessary to remove it. For the latest updates regarding the question go here: WebOS Internals (webosinternals) on Twitter

2. If you are using the screenstate govenor, you can avoid touchstone heat issues by getting the Quick System Tasks app, which allows you to turn the screen off when on the touchstone. You can get it in Preware.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    also if you are worried about temps then install device temperature warning through preware.
  6.    #6  
    It's funny that when I read about removing or not removing the kernel everyone has a different suggestion. I will download the temp warning patch and the quick systems task apps today.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by dr sharp View Post
    It's funny that when I read about removing or not removing the kernel everyone has a different suggestion. I will download the temp warning patch and the quick systems task apps today.

Thanks!
    People have different opinions, but if you want the truth you need to go to the source which is Rod Whitby and the webOS Internals team who created and maintain the UberKernel and Govnah in the first place, which is why I provided you with the Twitter link.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    vza33 is correct... Rod (developer) has stated himself that the Uberkernal is ok to leave on for this next update. As for the other 'alpha' kernals... it's up to you if you take the chance or not.
  9.    #9  
    vza33,

The link is great. You are right, these guys know what they are talking about. There is no reason to remove it if it's safe I guess.