Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I have run saverestore and the pre backup utility. I moved the results of these 2 apps to my desktop and backed up anything else that looked like it needed it.

I saved the package list in Preware.

Now I need to doctor, getting bad indicaters from the verification utility.

What are the painless steps from webOSDoctor back to full operation?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx.
    Last edited by jdod; 07/16/2010 at 08:42 AM.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    redacted
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    redacted
    ??

Any help?

I promise I spent a lot of time looking in the forum, I could not find anything on the doctor process, step by step. I know I missed something, if you could point me there, would be great.

Thx.
    Last edited by jdod; 07/16/2010 at 08:57 AM.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    I fumbled my way through it when I did it and had some issues. So heres a plus 1 for a helpful response since it seems I may have to do it again. Everyone says how easy it is--it wasn't for me (the process of getting everything back together) so I presume there's a better way....
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I have run saverestore and the pre backup utility. I moved the results of these 2 apps to my desktop and backed up anything else that looked like it needed it.

I saved the package list in Preware.

Now I need to doctor, getting bad indicaters from the verification utility.

What are the painless steps from webOSDoctor back to full operation?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx.
    You wanna try this.. www.palm.com/Rom. After finding webos doctor then download it, it will ask for your phone serial number, which can be found in device
    menu.

In order for the process to work, you'll need to do a few steps.

(1) Turn the device off, remove the battery, press and hold
    down the volume up button. Replace the
    battery and plug in

the charger into the phone, while still holding down the up

volume button.
    when a white symbol arrow looking thing
    appear on the screen, then release the up
    volume button.

Best of luck.

(note) Make sure phone is in developer mode. Tap icon to turn dev on. To enable dev mode Type: webos20090606
    Last edited by rush; 07/18/2010 at 11:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Thanks Rush. I do have the correct version of webOSDoctor, should have mentioned that. Question about your process:

Does the phone re-start once the battery is replaced and is plugged in to the charger? No operation with the power button involved?

Also, I am interested in the complete beginning to end set of steps, in order to protect data on my phone, though I have backed up fairly well I would say, to restore patches, apps, etc.

So, can anyone go into that level of detail, or point me to where it has been written already?

Thanks for any response.
    Read this thread. Follow these directions and it works...

http://www.precentral.net/how-to-res...en-bricked-pre
    One thing (I had to doctor last night after a boot loop):

Preware, on first run after a doctor, totally replaces its archived list of installed packages with what is currently on the phone. That pretty much defeats the purpose of having a method to save a list for later restore, doesn't it? Blah.
    : (){:|:&};:
    From the good folks at webOS Internals

How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  10. ght
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    A question I've always had about doctoring:

What happens to the contact info fields in the Pre that don't sync with the fields in Google contacts? (Such as birthdays, etc)
    ??

Any help?

I promise I spent a lot of time looking in the forum, I could not find anything on the doctor process, step by step. I know I missed something, if you could point me there, would be great.

Thx.
    I'm sure you did, I just don't know the answer. I redacted my post because I was a bit sleepy, and not paying any attention when I read your post the first time, so i thought you were asking a completely different, and completely stupid question. So, as soon as I realized my mistake, re edited my original post out of existance before anybody saw that I was a complete d-bag.

Fortunately, it looks like a few other people have a lue, so you should be good.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Thanks to all for your support and answers to my question. For the life of me I could not find that information, everyone's assistance was quite helpful.
    Last edited by jdod; 07/16/2010 at 03:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    A question I've always had about doctoring:

What happens to the contact info fields in the Pre that don't sync with the fields in Google contacts? (Such as birthdays, etc)
    Interesting question. I'm not quite sure if those are back up as well. I know for sure that contacts, pics, and videos, aren't erase from using webos doctor. Just to be on the the safe side, I would recommend storing birthdays, events, and such before doing a doc.
    Thanks to all for your support and answers to my question. For the life of me I could not find that information, everyone's assistance was quite helpful.
    So did you doctor your phone and what were the results? Did it go "back to normal" for you?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    So did you doctor your phone and what were the results? Did it go "back to normal" for you?
    Thats a project for this weekend, I am NOT looking forward to it. But, seems necessary, I don't want to 1.4.5 update to mess me up. The phone works perfectly fine so its frustrating to have to do it.