1.    #1  
    I have gmail account, when I delete e-mails on my phone they are not getting deleted on the server. I have disabled POP under gmail settings, and IMAP is enabled on server side. In pre settings, it says the account is set up as IMAP (which is a default set up for gmail).

Just wondering if I am missing something. It is becoming a pain that I have to delete the e-mails on pre and later log onto server and the emails are still there.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Hmm, in your Gmail settings do you have "Always use https" checked? That's really the only thing I can think of besides having an additional folder tree strictly for IMAP connections. I had it set up that way at one point and in order to configure it that way you must be able to set the root folder. I don't know of any way of doing that on the Pre.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, funny thing, I restarted my gmail and everything is working now, though there is a delay of around 5 to 10 mins before the server picks up deleted e-mails, even though I have synced the e-mails 5-10 mins earlier. This delay is acceptable for me.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Most likely that delay is caused by a previous IMAP configuration of your Gmail in a different client like Outlook or Thunderbird. Try logging onto the gmail website and in your folder tree click IMAP/Deleted Items, then on the top left choose "remove label IMAP/Deleted Items". When an email comes in and it is marked with multiple labels it will be placed in multiple folders.
    I had that same problem previously, also.