1.    #1  
    Whenever a new contact(s) is added on your phone, make sure they are back up to your palm profile. Or risk losing that contact(s) if a webos doctor is performed.

Follow these steps after adding a contact(s). Go to contacts then tap on Preferences & Accounts, then tap Sync now. Your all set.
    Google works fine
    Rush I actually use Google and Exchange for my backups. They are accessible via the web. I can edit my google contacts in google voice and make groups as well. The only contacts in my Palm profile is Sprint.
    Another vote for Google here too. The great part about using Google/Yahoo/Exchange/etc is that you can edit your contacts in the web client or Outlook and those changes are synced to your phone (works the other way to naturally). This was one of webOS's big selling points at launch as still is.

I'd call the Palm Profile a tool of last resort. That said, unless you have to doctor your phone within 15 minutes of adding your last contact (in Palm Profile setup) they will be backed up automatically without the need for a manual sync.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I have to use Google, as when I tap Palm to back up my contacts it only shows I have 10 contacts. Google, however shows al 510 that I actually have. Funny huh? The funniest part is I can go directly to Google and view/edit, etc. all those contacts, but in Palm I'm locked out. Does anyone know how to add contacts to Palm profile? There are 510 on my phone and 510 on Google but they won't add to Palm contacts?
    All I see on Palm.com is how to change my login and email information.
    I use Google also.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    if you make your palm profile your default account your new ones will be added. There are couple of threads regarding importing your contacts into your palm profile. I haven't used the palm profile since I bought the Pre in June of last year. There were problems with people losing contacts etc so I just decided to take the safe route.
    I use Google & Sprint.com.
  9.    #9  
    Guess I'll have to try Google too.
    How do you use Sprint.com to backup your contacts... I thought they disabled it for Palm phone users? I remember having it for the instinct, but I don't have it for the Pre...
    Cingular 3125 --> Samsung Instink! --> Palm Pre --> ???
    Another vote for Google.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Guess I'll have to try Google too.
    Rush get you a google voice account they are free for everyone now no invite needed and you will be cooking.
    Is that the only other option... using Google?
    Cingular 3125 --> Samsung Instink! --> Palm Pre --> ???
    it's not the only option but probably your best option
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    This great tip came too late for me. Had to exchange my Pre for a new one (ear speaker not working) and did not get all my contacts back. When I switched from my Treo to the Pre launch day I had loaded all my contacts prior into Yahoo contacts as a backup. But after that time I (guess I) was storing all new contacts via Palm Profile. Because when I got the phone back the contact were blank until the yahoo sync came. But as the days pass I slowly uncover all the phone numbers I do NOT have anymore. Any phone number I was given in the last 13 months. I'm plenty mad about this.

Can anyone verify if I can get this 13 months of contacts back? Or can tell or point me to what the hell happened? This whole Palm profile is supposed to prevent this from happening. So why did it happen?

I have been searching on the site but "Palm profile" and "contacts" "erase" gives me a lot of false positives.
    Last edited by benjainNYC; 07/22/2010 at 04:17 PM.
    Google and Exchange here too Haven't use the Palm profile since initial setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Google and Exchange here too Haven't use the Palm profile since initial setup.
    Wow, interesting. I have used the Palm profile (PP) since the launch day of the Pixie. Somehow I cracked the screen on my first one (bummer) and had to file a claim with Assurion. I logged in to my PP when I received my replacement phone. Over the next few days I realized that many of my contacts were no longer there and/or the info contained in them is corrupt. I am now waiting for my third replacement phone from Assurion because the other two had MAJOR problems (they have promised me a NEW Pre). However, I am so upset by the fact that my contacts were supposed to be stored in the "cloud". Sadly, this is not the case for me. Can anyone tell me where I can find instructions or tips on how to sync my remaining contacts using Google? Thanks!
    I too, would love to know why this is happening! I am going to contact Palm about this once my life calms down!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Whenever a new contact(s) is added on your phone, make sure they are back up to your palm profile. Or risk losing that contact(s) if a webos doctor is performed.

Follow these steps after adding a contact(s). Go to contacts then tap on Preferences & Accounts, then tap Sync now. Your all set.
    I guess you learn something every day, it didn't dawn on me to back up my contacts. I do not want to loose any of my important numbers, and I will activate the one I have on google as well just as a precaution.