1.    #1  
    Hi, Mobile Accomplishers...

If at anytime your phone feels sluggish,freezes,or unresponsive to touch. Do a battery pull and wait a few seconds before inserting battery. This should solve most issues on your device.

Ps. If that doesn't work... Then I would recommend using webos doctor.

Cheers!
    wouldnt doing a orange/white key + sym key + P have the same effect?
    Well you also have the remove logging or backup recommendations and using any of the Kernals (including overclocking and compcache).

This recommendation is nice, but probably a band-aid to some other reason as to why it's becoming choppy.

Maybe you should keep a running list of suggestions and links to the forum/post where they are recommended so people can also get all the tips to try in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    Technically that's just a luna reset while shutting it down would incur a complete linux reboot. Actually removing the battery, by comparison, would empty the RAM.
    pulling the battery out of my car also helps when it is acting sluggish
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    All it does for me is erase my radio presets...
    so if a battery pull is the best way to "reset the system". since it is a full linux restart, rather than a luna restart. Is there anyway to simulate a battery pull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Will this method work on a puncture?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Battery pull is Ok (as a later step), but pointing them to the Doctor as the second step is a bit extreme.

Clear your call history.... Run the Repair Utility.... Use Reboot Scheduler to set your device to restart every day or so.... there are several other options to consider first.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/08/2010 at 07:26 PM. Reason: typo
    I wouldn't use a battery pull as a first resort either. In fact, I wouldn't recommend a battery pull unless all other reset options (Luna Restart, ALT+SYM+R, Ringer Switch "wiggle") failed.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Battery pull is Ok (as a later step), but pointing them to the Doctor as the second step is a bit extreme.

Clear your call history.... Run the Repair Utility.... Use Reboot Scheduler to set your device to restart every day or so.... there are several other options to consider first.
    Actually a battery pull does fixes a lot of issues on the device, which others don't. I've had multiple problems...where I've tried other stuff, and at the end the only thing actually work was pulling out the battery. I wouldn't call that extreme!!

@ Spader... Sometime tackling the problem straight "ON" work a lot better than going around it.

Webos doctor is recommende by Palm for Freezes and unresponsive touchscreen. There is nothing wrong in using it, infact it does more good than bad.
    Last edited by rush; 07/08/2010 at 08:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Webos doctor is recommende by Palm for Freezes and unresponsive touchscreen. There is nothing wrong in using it, infact it does more good than bad.
    I still think a visit to the Doctor should be the last resort... Why wipe everything as a "Plan B"? We have many other useful tools available to us that take much less time and don't require you to start over from scratch...
  12.    #12  
    You're forgetting one main point... A non overclock/patches/themes phone doesn't require a lot of work...just sign in to your profile.

Even though kernels/patches/themes are considered an upgrade for our phones... Not everybody does it.

Cheers!
    The Doctor really has become an easier replacement than debugging. Still, it shouldn't be treated like 'Oh it's broken... "Have you tried turning it off and on again." Didn't work? Try a Dr. than.'

The Dr. has a few draw-backs, if the problem was in something that was backed-up it's not really going to solve anything. All apps must be downloaded again (Loosing all data associated for users without Save/Restore, and those who do have Save/Restore probably have to reinstall Preware and all their patches, one of which could be contributing to the problem).

When the Dr. is suggested it really should be Prefaced with a guide to saving everything so new users won't jump to it as a panacea and create a thread a few minutes later about loosing all their saves.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    You're forgetting one main point... A non overclock/patches/themes phone doesn't require a lot of work...just sign in to your profile.

Even though kernels/patches/themes are considered an upgrade for our phones... Not everybody does it.

Cheers!
    I see what you're saying. However, for someone who doesn't use homebrew, they lose all their app data when they Doctor. They also have to wait until all their apps re-download again. Depending on how many apps they've downloaded, this process can easily take hours. They can still use their phone while waiting for their apps to come back, but the process running in the background causes extreme slowness and lag...
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    The Doctor really has become an easier replacement than debugging. Still, it shouldn't be treated like 'Oh it's broken... "Have you tried turning it off and on again." Didn't work? Try a Dr. than.'

The Dr. has a few draw-backs, if the problem was in something that was backed-up it's not really going to solve anything. All apps must be downloaded again (Loosing all data associated for users without Save/Restore, and those who do have Save/Restore probably have to reinstall Preware and all their patches, one of which could be contributing to the problem).

When the Dr. is suggested it really should be Prefaced with a guide to saving everything so new users won't jump to it as a panacea and create a thread a few minutes later about loosing all their saves.
    I do understand your point. However, you're describing a phone that have been modified from its original state.

If you'll notice in the start of my thread...Ps. If that doesn't work... Then I would recommend using webos doctor.

Cheers!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I see what you're saying. However, for someone who doesn't use homebrew, they lose all their app data when they Doctor. They also have to wait until all their apps re-download again. Depending on how many apps they've downloaded, this process can easily take hours. They can still use their phone while waiting for their apps to come back, but the process running in the background causes extreme slowness and lag...
    I would guess that sometime a little sacrifice is worth the reward. Ps. Webos doctor now doesn't delete pics/videos etc.
    I find the opening post a few shades to generic for my liking. If you allow me to paraphrase...To fix all your phones issues power cycle it and if that doesn't work, go nuclear and nuke it.

In my experience there are many other options between battery pull and complete wipe (such options would naturally depend on the problem in question).
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  18.    #18  
    By all means.....
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    You mean Orange+Sym+R? You just took a screenshot...
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog