1.    #1  
    I don't link my contacts but recently I switched to a new Pre and restored all info with Save/Restore and PBU, and now all my contacts are linking to one another and I can't seem to fix it. Lets say I call John, it will instead call Mark instead. And when I go to the contact list, it says John's Contact is linked with Mark's but I don't know how to fix this problem because all my contacts are messed up and mixed.
    That has happened to me. Lots of contacts not there at all or missing info such as a phone #. HELP!
    Same here - complete ****ed up.
    I had the same problem. It resides somewhere in how it restores the contacts. I finally just doctored again and DIDNT restore my contacts using them.

I thought of it this way... all of my contacts are either linked to my palm profile, or one of my email accounts. Theres no such thing as a "pre only" contact... it requires you to have an account attached to each contact. So... you dont need to back them up... your web services and palm profile should have them already.

Im pretty sure you can simply delete them all and start fresh... easier for me to just doctor and whatnot, less chance of deleting them from the accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post
    I had the same problem. It resides somewhere in how it restores the contacts. I finally just doctored again and DIDNT restore my contacts using them.

I thought of it this way... all of my contacts are either linked to my palm profile, or one of my email accounts. Theres no such thing as a "pre only" contact... it requires you to have an account attached to each contact. So... you dont need to back them up... your web services and palm profile should have them already.

Im pretty sure you can simply delete them all and start fresh... easier for me to just doctor and whatnot, less chance of deleting them from the accounts.

I'm having the same issue and did the same thing. However it is NOT allowing me to remove the contacts at all after a restore using Save/Restore.
    I can't even remove the accounts that the contacts are in from my Pre Plus.

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    everytime I doctor my phone it happens.. And it never merge the accounts after it sync
    I had a similar issue when I used Save/Restore between two different Pres (I wanted to keep my texts). Whenever I tried texting one person, it would go to a completely different person). I wasn't able to fix it, so I just Doctored and started anew with a blank Pre. Palm really needs to start backing up SMS conversations in the cloud.
    Well after 6 times of doctor and restore I found it to be PreBackup that is creating my issue.
    I tried a restore several ways.

Allowing the Cloud install to setup items such as email etc and then running the backups.
    Not allowing the cloud to restore and running the backups

In all cases PreBackup was the install that changed my contacts to unusable formatting. They listed but you can not remove them or open them.

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    I have had all the same issues that have been mentioned here above in all the posts. I tried to use the Prebackup and if it has "issues" then that may explain it. It all started when I downloaded an update for a theme off of Preware I have been using the last month or so. I am still puzzled as to how a theme and or using Prebackup can fandangle and mix up my contacts, MMS, FB contacts, EMAIL connectivity, etc. ???????

I am going to try to just wipe ALL MMS messages by using usb connections (any suggestions as to if this will work?)

Hell, I can not even delete/remove ALL my FB connections via my Pre?

Will take all forms of help and suggestions.
    P.S. - What is a "cloud install" ?
    I just recently did a webos doctor, and all my contacts was intact. I don't use anything other than Palm profile to store my contacts.
    I have read several threads "not to trust Palm as your sole source for backup". So i have sent all my contacts via the patch to my Gmail account as alternate form of backup, plus had them stored using "Pre Backup"