1.    #1  
    My Pre just crapped out on me recently and now I need to transfer out the data and settings. What is the easiest and fastest method? I remember using Pre Backup and Save/Restore but not sure whats going on right now and how to get the information onto the new phone. Any help please?
    I haven't tried this but, it makes sense that you could copy/paste the Save/Restore file from the usb drive of your old Pre into the usb of the new Pre. Install Save/Restore and Preware and then hit restore. Palm Profile restore for other apps and data(contacts etc..). Sounds good in theory.
  3.    #3  
    Save/Restore saves all history texts and patches? or just patches?
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    Save/Restore saves all history texts and patches? or just patches?
    Save/restore only saves data from apps. If you install it, you can then see which apps you have on your phone that it is able to save data for.

For patches, save a current installed list in Preware, which Save/restore can then save.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach447 View Post
    I haven't tried this but, it makes sense that you could copy/paste the Save/Restore file from the usb drive of your old Pre into the usb of the new Pre. Install Save/Restore and Preware and then hit restore. Palm Profile restore for other apps and data(contacts etc..). Sounds good in theory.
    Sounds good in practice too, that's the method I use. I also use Pre Backup Utility in Preware to back up and restore my messages. Both have worked great after 3 trips to the doctor.
  6.    #6  
    Is there a way to transfer it from the USB? Is there a specific file to look for?
    You'll probably get more insight in the individual threads of those apps.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    Quote Originally Posted by leprecub View Post
    I was wondering about this also. Essentially what I want to do is make an exact duplicate of my current Pre that I can later place on my new Pre. Patches, Pictures, Contacts (including all relevent information such as contact pictures), text messages, etc. What do you recommend for this?
    If you look on your usb drive, you will see several folders and if you use save/restore then there will be a "save/restore" folder. Of course you can copy/paste that anywhere, along with the other folders "ringtones", "pictures", etc. Inside the "save/restore" folder will be the saved package list from Preware so that should cover your patches and homebrew apps.
    The problem is that the contacts and text messages aren't saved on your usb drive. I use google for all my contacts and it has never let me down. As far as text messages, I don't know of a way to save or copy those. Save/restore currently has "messaging" listed as an app that it can save data for, but it also says "restore not supported yet". I saw a thread on how to export your contacts to a .CSV, but I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-pre-pixi.html

edit: i tried to include the link to save/restore thread, but it says it is outdated?? Either way, you can search save/restore and find the thread.
    Last edited by Beach447; 07/06/2010 at 01:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    Is there a way to transfer it from the USB? Is there a specific file to look for?
    Yes, just hook your Pre to your computer using the USB cable and then look on your computer under "my computer". Find your Pre and open it. There will be several folders and if you use save/restore then there will be one named "save/restore".