1.    #1  
    Opening the slider answers a call... And there is also a patch in preware that ends a call, when you close the slider.
    Handy tip For those interested the patch is called Close Slider to End Calls on Preware, or you can read more about it here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...der-patch.html.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip, but I try to open the slider as rarely as possible. Feels like the flimsiest part of the phone.
  4.    #4  
    It does feel like it... But don't feel scared of open it. It's not going to break. The slider mechanizm was made for it to slide up and down. It's a lot better than touching the screen all the time. (note) for the slider to be broke, you would have to do it. (The hardware of the phone is also coverd by insurance) cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Opening the slider answers a call... And there is also a patch in preware that ends a call, when you close the slider.
    Thanks. I already knew that. I saw Jack Bauer on "24" worked his Palm Pre that way. After that I found and installed the "close slider to end call" patch. Although I am still looking for a patch that allowed him to have a decent phone conversation in the middle of a gun battle.
    there is also a patch that opens the slider to speaker phone. That comes in handy when yr driving.
    I use and like the patch that enables speaker phone automatically via the proximity sensor when the phone isn't close to your head. Speakerphone works great, even in my not so quiet car.
    Great patch, use it all of the time, been opening my slider now for almost 13 months with no ill effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    The slider mechanizm was made for it to slide up and down.
    Just like how the iPhone was made for phone calls, yet look where that ended up?

Zing!
    Just discovered PreCentral, and this thread alone justifies my registration. Thanks!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Just like how the iPhone was made for phone calls, yet look where that ended up?

Zing!
    That was a defect... Mechanizm in slider does work.
    I will definitely have to try these patches out. I like the idea of hanging up when i slide it closed.