1.    #1  

When I take the back cover off of my Pre, I see a pair of contacts that are part of the cover.

What are those there for?
    Touchstone chager. Connects to the battery
  3.    #3  
    from the factory? For real?
    I thought you had to buy those separate.

Thanks!
    Who is your service through, they came standard on most plus models.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    is your back cover a dull "rubberized" finish or glossy plastic finish? The Touchstone backs are rubberized looking.
    I thought the stupid question of the day was "Where do I get the ThunderChief Kernal?"

Your question is not stupid at all.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 06/29/2010 at 12:31 PM.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  7.    #7  
    I have AT&T, and yes, the back cover is rubberized looking.

I've said it before, but the lack of documentation accompanying the Pre Plus really is shameful.
    Sure sounds like a touchstone back... rubber-looking and contacts on it... yep.
    if the inside of the cover has "guts" it's ready for the touchstone, if it's just plastic only with absolutley nothing on the inside, it's a standard back. But on the touchstone back, those contacts are an extension of the battery and adds the touchstone functionality. (magnet and wireless functions for charging)
  10.    #10  
    I had to look it up and see exactly what it does. Pretty neat little device, and Amazon has them for less than $20 for shipping and all.

Now I have to decide if I can actually justify buying something ELSE for this thing.
    LOL
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    The Touchstone is well worth the money! It also saves wear and tear on the USB connector on your phone, so think about it from that point of view.
    Touchstone backs comes with the Verizon & AT&T Palm Pre Plus phones.
  13.    #13  
    I already did. I'm concerned, too, about that little door on the side. I read a post maybe two days ago where someone was asking how to get that replaced.

Now where did I put that credit card? hmmmm..