1.    #1  
    any tips on how I can use the palm pres functions and outline tracker to stay organized and keep focused on individual taks?

what I really need is a program that will nag me and make sure I don't go browsing the internet when I'm supposed to be working!
    You could try staying focused.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    You don't need a Pre, you need a boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenofsong View Post
    any tips on how I can use the palm pres functions and outline tracker to stay organized and keep focused on individual taks?
    The essence of organization is to have a system, so things don't slip through the gaps. Whatever methodology you follow must be adapted for the situation you're in and the way you work. Two popular approaches are David Allen's Getting Things Done (GTD) and Stephen Covey's _7 Habits of Highly Effective People_.

GTD focuses on low-level techniques, but also addresses higher-level questions of "What am I trying to accomplish?". It is described in the book Getting things done: the art of ... - Google Books
    An overview is available
    <a href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_Things_Done'>on Wikipedia</a>.

7 Habits is focused on high-level goals and principles, allowing a variety of low-level systems.

I've written a few general recommendations for using Outline Tracker as part of a system at
    Outline Tracker Methodologies
    The section on Daily Review is especially important -- Outline Tracker can't keep your To-Do list clean unless you give it the info it needs.

Quote Originally Posted by zenofsong View Post
    what I really need is a program that will nag me and make sure I don't go browsing the internet when I'm supposed to be working!
    No program can do that, as such, but when your system is tuned for the way you work, you'll get more reward out of working, than fooling around.

Few people "get organized" soon after they first start trying. If you feel good about moderate improvements, big improvements will come eventually.
  5.    #5  
    thanks doug. Good to know people can make useful comments!