1.    #1  
    I can't figure out why, but my Pre consistently uses much more power when on wifi, and so did my old Pre (I'm on my 2nd one now). Does anyone have any guesses as to why? My understanding was that keeping wifi on when in an area where wireless is available will dramatically improve battery life regardless of whether you are actively using your phone or if it is just sitting in your pocket. Thanks!
    High battery drain while on wifi has been associated with certain brands of wireless routers, I think one brand is DLink. Here is some more info:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...s-battery.html
  3.    #3  
    My home router (Netgerar WPN824) is cited as a specific model which is notorious for draining the battery. Bummer.
    At home i have a Linksys and get plenty of standby time (over 24hrs). At work i have a Netgear and get only 4hrs of standy.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    In wifi preferences, there is a sleep setting to turn wifi off when the phone sleeps. This helps.
    Maybe you could reflash the firmware to dd-wrt instead. Check it out at www.dd-wrt.com | Unleash Your Router

As always, this will most likely void your warranty. Do so at your own risk/benefit/peace of mind.
  7.    #7  
    Yeah...I don't really want to set wifi to sleep, since my goal in the first place is to increase my standby time since I'm almost always in a wifi zone. I can't reflash the firmware on my home router, WPN824 isn't supposed by dd-wrt. I'm also stuck on my school's crappy unsecured wireless network (which also kills my battery, I think it's linksys) and not the nicer, faster wireless network because it's EAP-TLS and I can't get my Pre to logon via security certificate. Too bad for me, guess I'll just keep hanging out on EVDO.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    High battery drain while on wifi has been associated with certain brands of wireless routers, I think one brand is DLink. Here is some more info:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...s-battery.html
    I am using a DLink (628) router with the latest firmware installed and have experienced NO power drain problems on my Pre+ - Wifi is on constantly when I am home. I do, however, turn it off and turn bluetooth on when I go mobile, unless I am at a specific location where I *want* to join a Wifi network.