1.    #1  
    I am selling my palm pre on ebay, I recently got a new phone. So I thought that resetting the phone to new via the device manager would be the way to go. Well little did I know, it doesn't remove patches. So now I have a phone I can't access because it's already deactivated from sprint, and it's telling me I need to sign into my pre account... I try to, but since there is no data on the phone, it won't go through. Tried connecting to wifi, doesn't work, it basically won't let me past the sign in screen.

How the heck do I get these patches off of the phone now? I thought a factory reset would do just that, reset it to factory settings.
    A visit to the Doctor should see it factory fresh again.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
  3.    #3  
    WebOS Dr? I downloaded it, and plugged the phone in, but it's not even recognizing the phone as being plugged in, all it does is charge it.
    Have you run the Dr ? It needs to install some drivers before you plug the phone in.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
  5.    #5  
    Yes, I ran it, I think, lol. Are we talking about the same one? I ran the one from the palm website.

Thus far, I've just updated my ebay auction listing the fact that there are a few patches left on the phone and it will be the bidder's responsibility to remove them if desired. Really the only weird thing about it is the start up screen. I had a cute blue theme but the start up screen is some guy with his hand up to his face and he has a drawn on smile. It's a strange screen, so I wanted to make it clear that the phone has these patches on it in my auction. If I could get the darn thing really reset, that would be better. I started my bidding at $50.00 and just want it gone at this point, lol. I had a hell of a time installing preware and am not looking forward to having to mess around with it more.

Can someone post the link to the Dr. program? Maybe I'm using the wrong one?

In any case, maybe the on screen keyboard will get me more bids, lol!
    Dr from the Pam site is right - have you tried the orange+sym+u trick to force USB mode ?
  7.    #7  
    Just tried it, stuck on the sign in screen, it doesn't do anything but let me sign in. *sigh*

Is this something that Sprint could fix if someone were to go to a sprint store? I want to put that in the auction if that's possible. It's not like the phone is unusable, I just can't get into it now that it's not active on my account.
    Last edited by Kellz625; 06/26/2010 at 03:51 PM.
    Turn the pre off and put it in recovery mode then run the doctor. For instructions visit webosinternals.org and click recovery to see how to.
  9.    #9  
    trying that now.
  10.    #10  
    OMGosh! I think it's working! There's a big arrow pointing downwards onto a motherboard/chip looking thing. Is this resetting it!?

ETA: Duh me, lol. I just read through the post on resetting it and that is one of the progress things in the post. Yay!!!

THANK YOU all for your help!
    Last edited by Kellz625; 06/26/2010 at 04:15 PM.