1.    #1  
    Plugged Pre into USB port, clicked on view files option. Picked songs to move to pre and music library is empty. The only place they show up is when adding attachment to an email. Under document icon...what did I miss?
    Can you explain a little better what you are experiencing?

From what it looks like, you click on view files after plugging Pre into USB. Well View Files at THAT point is showing you the files ON the Pre? What "music library" is showing as empty? On the Pre?

You need to navigate on your computer where your music is, then copy those files to the Pre.

Trying to help/understand what you need, but thats all I can come up with, until more explanation..
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by callderek View Post
    Plugged Pre into USB port, clicked on view files option. Picked songs to move to pre and music library is empty. The only place they show up is when adding attachment to an email. Under document icon...what did I miss?
    I agree with dianehelen, could you explain a little better?

What format are the music files? Are they mp3?
    pre only recognizes mp3 no wma files.