1.    #1  
    Hi,

I just bought my Palm Pre Plus today. I figured out how to set it up to receive my gmail as a pop mail account (not as an IMAP because I don't want my phone and webmail to automatically sync), but because gmail doesn't distinguish between sent mail and received mail in the traditional fashion, my phone will download any email message I send from either outlook or gmail.com. Is there any way to stop this? or at least to filter them to a specific folder or something? Blackberry has a fix for this.
    I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to set up imap in outlook and your pre and be able to work seemlessly across all devices. I don't see the advantage of managing 3 copies of the same inbox seperatly when you can make a change one place and have that reflected across all devices?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganElephant View Post
    I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to set up imap in outlook and your pre and be able to work seemlessly across all devices. I don't see the advantage of managing 3 copies of the same inbox seperatly when you can make a change one place and have that reflected across all devices?
    Because I never delete messages from my online gmail inbox. This way they are always there if needed for future reference. I don't have to think whether a given message is something I might want/need later.