Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 73 of 73
  1. #61  
    Thanks for giving me my Pre back! I did have to remove the placeholder package before being able to install the actual kernel. Maybe this was meant to work differently. Anyways its fast again. I'm happy and greatful. Allows me to hang in with WebOS until new hardware arrives.
  2. #62  
    Hey all, I have Govnah 0.6.6 and just updated to Uberkernal 1.4.5-92. Govnah does not give me 1Ghz as an option. Do I need to change the Max Freq manually, or am I missing something?
    Hmmm?.....It's a Palm Pre, here, let me show you something cool...;-)
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by blaircraigon View Post
    Hey all, I have Govnah 0.6.6 and just updated to Uberkernal 1.4.5-92. Govnah does not give me 1Ghz as an option. Do I need to change the Max Freq manually, or am I missing something?
    Check here: Application:UberKernel - WebOS Internals

    Uberkernel supports "720MHz and 800MHz operating points"

    --------

    Alternetively, check here for F105 kernel: Application:PsychoKernel - WebOS Internals

    "F105 Thunderchief: A painfully fast kernel with no frills. Testing 1.005GHz and newer screenstate."

    Make sure you read the warnings: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ief-alpha.html
    Last edited by vandassen; 08/04/2010 at 11:14 AM.
  4. #64  
    I had no issues creating a screenstate profile with a max frequency of 1Ghz.

    It actually is running COOLER than at 720mhz for me and is 100% Stable thus far.

    FYI. I couldn't get the F105 1ghz kernel working on my Pre but this runs like a dream.

    Quote Originally Posted by blaircraigon View Post
    Hey all, I have Govnah 0.6.6 and just updated to Uberkernal 1.4.5-92. Govnah does not give me 1Ghz as an option. Do I need to change the Max Freq manually, or am I missing something?
  5. #65  
    [QUOTE=vandassen;2589483]Check here: [url= - WebOS Internals[/url]

    Uberkernel supports "720MHz and 800MHz operating points"

    --------

    Alternetively, check here for F105 kernel: [url= - WebOS Internals[/url]

    "F105 Thunderchief: A painfully fast kernel with no frills. Testing 1.005GHz and newer screenstate."

    Make sure you read the warnings: [url]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

    I actually read the wiki twice this morning, it doesn't cover the testing kernals. UK 1.4.5-92 has some changes and according to the update log it now goes to 1 Ghz.
    Hmmm?.....It's a Palm Pre, here, let me show you something cool...;-)
  6. #66  
    My bad... Preware shows 1GHz! I went straight to the wiki without even checking Preware.

    Seems to be working for me (Govnah v0.6.6), defaulted to 500/1000 after restart. Now set to 125/1000 and all is good.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by vandassen View Post
    My bad... Preware shows 1GHz! I went straight to the wiki without even checking Preware.

    Seems to be working for me (Govnah v0.6.6), defaulted to 500/1000 after restart. Now set to 125/1000 and all is good.
    No problem deleted/re-intalled/updated Govnah with a few restarts in-between and I've got it up to 1Ghz, but I did have to change it with Max.Freq. In Advance settings.
    Hmmm?.....It's a Palm Pre, here, let me show you something cool...;-)
  8. #68  
    After checking the WOSI twitter feed, I did an update and I've got 1.4.5 waiting... I'm using Govnah and UberKernel, so Imma follow The Rod's advice and wait to see what needs to be done. I love me some 720/500 Screenstate!
  9. #69  
    Just installed UberKernel. looks promising!
    Thank you !
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by funktron2x View Post
    After checking the WOSI twitter feed, I did an update and I've got 1.4.5 waiting... I'm using Govnah and UberKernel, so Imma follow The Rod's advice and wait to see what needs to be done. I love me some 720/500 Screenstate!
    It's available right away. Did you update your feeds?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  11. #71  
    I been dawdling and haven't bothered with the 1.4.5 upgrade yet.

    Way back when, I installed my 800MHz overclock by WOSQI. Do I need to install it with WOSQI prior to upgrading the OS (and installing the 1GHz overclock)? Thanks!
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by dweiswasser View Post
    I been dawdling and haven't bothered with the 1.4.5 upgrade yet.

    Way back when, I installed my 800MHz overclock by WOSQI. Do I need to install it with WOSQI prior to upgrading the OS (and installing the 1GHz overclock)? Thanks!
    Yes, you should ensure that any previous overclocking solution that did not come from WebOS Internals is completely removed before accepting an OTA update, and before installing any current overclocking solution using Preware.

    If you have ever left anything related to the flawed SuperPreKernel (including patches or scripts that did not come from WebOS Internals) installed while you accepted an OTA update from Palm, then you should use the WebOS Doctor, as the author of those packages did not handle uninstallation properly.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13. #73  
    Rod-
    I uninstalled the previous kernel w/WOSQI, updated the OS, and added the UberKernel and Govnah. My Pre is now flying @ 1Ghz and I'm flying high! Thanks!!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions