Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    My recommendation is to not accept the update for the first 24 hours after it is released, and watch the @webosinternals twitter feed for instructions. We will always have an informed recommendation within that timeframe, and if any updates are required to handle any unexpected circumstances, we will usually have the fix released in that timeframe too.

Alternatively, remove absolutely everything from your device to be absolutely safe

As stated in the posts above, the UberKernel has been designed to be OTA-safe, but we have not had a real OTA since it was released.

-- Rod
    Hey Rod

The one from the testing feed works like a treat. I did an update to 1.4.5 without removing any of my patches. Then I installed the one from the test feed and I'm happy to report that it is working all fine. If you need any more info that may help you guys make the new uberkernel public sooner feel free to ask.

Cheers
    Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Hey Rod

The one from the testing feed works like a treat. I did an update to 1.4.5 without removing any of my patches. Then I installed the one from the test feed and I'm happy to report that it is working all fine. If you need any more info that may help you guys make the new uberkernel public sooner feel free to ask.

Cheers
    Vas
    There is one thing and one thing alone which is stopping us from a public release of UberKernel for 1.4.5 and that is the kernel source code from Palm.

As soon as that is released, we'l have a UberKernel public release within 24 hours. But we won't release this temporary repackaging of the 1.4.1 kernel to the general public unless Palm never releases the source code.

-- Rod
    Well, the best about using the stock kernel for several weeks now (O2 Germany) is noticing, that you do GREAT work in developing overclocked kernels! My Pre seems to be a bit more responsive than with 1.4.1, but nothing against 800mhz!

Doesn't need Palm to release the source of the kernel, as it is some kind of open source, or did I understand something wrong?
    What is your appraisal about that, Rod, is it possible that we have to surrender UberKernel 800mhz?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahatma Ganja View Post
    Well, the best about using the stock kernel for several weeks now (O2 Germany) is noticing, that you do GREAT work in developing overclocked kernels! My Pre seems to be a bit more responsive than with 1.4.1, but nothing against 800mhz!

Doesn't need Palm to release the source of the kernel, as it is some kind of open source, or did I understand something wrong?
    What is your appraisal about that, Rod, is it possible that we have to surrender UberKernel 800mhz?
    The kernel is open source, and only Palm knows if there are changes in that source between 1.4.1 and 1.4.5, so we wait for the release of the source code in a reasonable time after the webOS 1.4.5 release.

Feel free to send a polite request to the contact address on http://opensource.palm.com to let Palm know that an expeditious release of the source code is requested by their loyal customers.

-- Rod
    The kernel is open source, and only Palm knows if there are changes in that source between 1.4.1 and 1.4.5, so we wait for the release of the source code in a reasonable time after the webOS 1.4.5 release.

Feel free to send a polite request to the contact address on Welcome to opensource.palm.com - Palm to let Palm know that an expeditious release of the source code is requested by their loyal customers.

-- Rod
    I expect they may want to roll out to all networks first and then release it?
    Maybe you have noticed such a pattern in the past?
    I will def drop them a msg
    Many thanks for all your work.
    Vas

Feel free to send a polite request to the contact address on Welcome to opensource.palm.com - Palm to let Palm know that an expeditious release of the source code is requested by their loyal customers.

-- Rod
    Because I may be out of EVDO and wifi range, and won't be able to check the Twitter feed, do you still recommend removing Uber, or has the international update not been broken by leaving it in place?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Because I may be out of EVDO and wifi range, and won't be able to check the Twitter feed, do you still recommend removing Uber, or has the international update not been broken by leaving it in place?
    Any kernel from a webos-internals feed installed with Preware can be left in place.

-- Rod
    Hi - I've got 1.4.5 installed, and now I would like to boost my Pre using überkernel. However, I run into some strange problems. I hope someone can help.

Überkernel shows up nicely in the test feed in Preware, I choose "Install". It downloads, installs, says "installed" - no error messages.

But - when I exit Preware I see no trace of the kernel. And when starting Preware again, I get no option to update or remove the kernel, but gets the opportunity to "Install" - as if it is not installed in the first place.

In govnah I am not able to choose higher Mhz than 600.

I have tried restarting immediately after install, and restarting after exiting Preware - no difference.

In short, it seems like my Pre pretends to install the kernel, but in reality refuses to install it.

Help, anyone? :-)
    I've had the same issue, I think I resolved it by going to Preware, install Palm Kernel, reboot, go to preware, install uberkernel, reboot.

This should work. Let me know

PS have you ever had another kernel installed, other than how your phone came out-of-box?
    Quote Originally Posted by vandassen View Post
    I've had the same issue, I think I resolved it by going to Preware, install Palm Kernel, reboot, go to preware, install uberkernel, reboot.

This should work. Let me know

PS have you ever had another kernel installed, other than how your phone came out-of-box?
    It worked - thank you SO much!
    (and I have not previously installed other kernels)
    The 1.4.5 sources are up on opensource.palm.com:

Open Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm

Looking forward to the update to UberKernel. Also thanks for the work in making the kernel compliant with updates, I migrated to 1.4.5 on Bell with no issues!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post
    We are all waiting for the 1.4.5 compliant Uberkernel now.
    I hope you will be able to release it very soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post

[url= Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm[/url]

Excellent. I'll get onto that in the next couple of hours.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Wow, Uberkernel is back for v1.4.5.
    And I'm happy again!
    Thanks a lot!
    Excellent. I'll get onto that in the next couple of hours.

-- Rod
    Dear Mr. Papageorgiou,

Thank you for your email. This is to inform you that the open source package for webOS 1.4.5 are now available from Open Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm.

Best regards,
    Open Source Team

No pressure Rod. Take your time. I did email them couple of weeks ago and I have to give them credit for not ignoring my email and them repplying couple of days ago....

God I just love Palm and WebOS Internals
    UberKernel for 1.4.5 has been in the public feeds for over 24 hours now ...

-- Rod
    UberKernel for 1.4.5 has been in the public feeds for over 24 hours now ...

-- Rod
    And working beautifully.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    As long as you're not on GPRS
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    Quote Originally Posted by THL View Post
    As long as you're not on GPRS
    That problem has been fixed in Preware 1.2.6, released over 12 hours ago.

-- Rod
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast