Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 73
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Rod,

    I know you people in Australia got the GSM update first thing, us Sprint users are still waiting. Have you had any troubles with OTA compatiblity with kernals on the GSM one?
    See the last 48 hours of @webosinternals on Twitter, where I have been providing live updates.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    A webOS Doctor restores all operating system files, including the kernel.

    BTW, you might want to mention what device you have, what version of webOS you're running, and what tool (and version) you are using to install the kernel. Those are the absolute minimum you should report in every post requesting assistance.

    -- Rod
    i use the normal pre(o2 germany), had ran webos doc version 1.4.5. I installed it with Preware to use it with govnah v0.5.0
  3. #23  
    i solved the problem, i add the the webos-kernels-test feed in preware and update the uberkernel.
  4. mcericx's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #24  
    i installed the 1.4.5 update without removing the kernel and govnah. no issues there. the kernel has been replaced by a placeholder.
    installed the new kernel off the test feed. runs with no problems under 1.4.5
  5. #25  
    How and what do I uninstall? I would rather uninstall including all patches mainly because I like to start fresh.

    I would think that I use the Preware to uninstall UberKernal after I set the profile to Palm Default in Govnah. I also see no need to uninstall Govnah. After OTA update reinstall UberKernal and I am back in business.

    Right?

    Thanks
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcericx View Post
    i installed the 1.4.5 update without removing the kernel and govnah. no issues there. the kernel has been replaced by a placeholder.
    installed the new kernel off the test feed. runs with no problems under 1.4.5
    Same here, I didn't uninstall a thing. I had lots of patches and the UeberKernel installed prior to 1.4.5 (but no themes). The Update to 1.4.5 worked like a charm!
    The UeberKernel was "deactivated" (placeholder) as expected and the patches I reinstalled using preware.

    I haven't installed the testing UeberKernel yet, but I might very soon

    Pete
    Last edited by petehild; 07/05/2010 at 05:47 PM.
  7. #27  
    Same here: No Problemes with the OTA Update to 1.4.5 on the German o2-network! The Placeholder was installed after the Update and now after 5 days I installed the testing UberKernel!

    Is it build with the new 1.4.5 Kernel-Source, yet?

    PiXY
  8. Vince42's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #28  
    I updated to 1.4.5 last week and didn't remove the uber kernel before - worked like charme.

    Cheers
    Vince
  9. CauseHavoc's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #29  
    All the information I get from these forums is greatly appreciated, as always. Lovin UberKernel and PreCentral
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by pinguinXY View Post
    Same here: No Problemes with the OTA Update to 1.4.5 on the German o2-network! The Placeholder was installed after the Update and now after 5 days I installed the testing UberKernel!

    Is it build with the new 1.4.5 Kernel-Source, yet?

    PiXY
    It will be, within 24h of that source appearing on Open Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11. #31  
    i really want to uninstall govnah and the uber kernel icons , what i have to do to uninstall them ?

    thanks!
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    i really want to uninstall govnah and the uber kernel icons , what i have to do to uninstall them ?

    thanks!
    Open preware, go to installed packages, click them and select remove.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Rod,

    I know you people in Australia got the GSM update first thing, us Sprint users are still waiting. Have you had any troubles with OTA compatiblity with kernals on the GSM one?
    Go here: Twitter
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Open preware, go to installed packages, click them and select remove.
    REALLY? It's that easy?
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    REALLY? It's that easy?
    Yes!
  16. #36  
    I had uberkernel installed before updating to 1.4.5, now I have the placeholder package installed, but no real kernel from the testing feed shows up in preware. What am I doing wrong? My pre is so slow with 600 MHz...
    anyway, thanks for the great work!!!
  17. #37  
    Just downloaded the feed manually and noticed that there is no kernel for 1.4.5 available so far. Sorry for not noticing this before...
  18. costas's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #38  
    I installed UberKernal, but I can't seem to uninstall it. It doesn't show up in the installed packages in Preware. It shows up in Govnah, and I selected the Palm Default, but still can't seem to get rid of it. Any ideas?
  19. #39  
    Last night I got the update (Bell Canada). After a bit of messing around, I decided to doctor the phone and start again from scratch...

    doctor>restore palm profile>update 1.4.5>webosQI>install Preware>save/restore (restored preware saved package list because mine auto updated when I opened it, ruining my old list)>install all saved packages

    Now I'm running the EXACT same phone (including UK), 227 packages later - patch for patch, app for app, theme for theme - except for ONE, "Device menu Megamix with media vol control" ("Device menu Megamix" works for the interim)

    Besides that, my Pre is absolutely FLYING! Thank you Palm & webOS Internals!!! Fantastic job making this transition a breeze and Thank you to all the posters in forums etc. I would be lost without you all!!

    After many restarts and perusing through Preware for missing packages, I'm confident that I'm back up to 99.99% (just that one patch I'm waiting on...)

    Uberkernel seriously rocks my world.

    One tiny request.... java? TIA (Palm's message is still saying java will be available 1st half of 2010...)
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by vandassen View Post
    Last night I got the update (Bell Canada). After a bit of messing around, I decided to doctor the phone and start again from scratch...

    doctor>restore palm profile>update 1.4.5>webosQI>install Preware>save/restore (restored preware saved package list because mine auto updated when I opened it, ruining my old list)>install all saved packages

    Now I'm running the EXACT same phone (including UK), 227 packages later - patch for patch, app for app, theme for theme - except for ONE, "Device menu Megamix with media vol control" ("Device menu Megamix" works for the interim)

    Besides that, my Pre is absolutely FLYING! Thank you Palm & webOS Internals!!! Fantastic job making this transition a breeze and Thank you to all the posters in forums etc. I would be lost without you all!!

    After many restarts and perusing through Preware for missing packages, I'm confident that I'm back up to 99.99% (just that one patch I'm waiting on...)

    Uberkernel seriously rocks my world.

    One tiny request.... java? TIA (Palm's message is still saying java will be available 1st half of 2010...)
    My understanding from the developer day videos is that Java is on the way out, not on the way in.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions