1.    #1  
    Does anybody know if the camera sound be changed? I want to make it a silly voice saying "Cheese".

If so, how?
    There is a patch to turn the camera shutter sound off. I'm guessing if you get the code for this patch since it's open source you might be able to rewrite it so that it uses a sound from your usb partition on your device or somthing similar. Just a thought and might not work but might be worth giving it a try.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, that's a start.

I am new around here and to the Palm Pre Plus, would you mind pointing me to the patch location?
    Palm Pre Plus on AT&T

webos20090606 - because I keep forgetting
    Are you aware of preware.. If so,then go in preware select available patches,then type camera shutter sound off. It will bring up what you're looking for. Good luck.
  5.    #5  
    I found it, now to figure out how to install it. Also read the code, this may take a while to understand and rewrite as I need it.
    Palm Pre Plus on AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by trashtrampoline View Post
    I found it, now to figure out how to install it. Also read the code, this may take a while to understand and rewrite as I need it.
    I would just find the file the camera app uses and rename it and put the new file in its place. Depending on the original file type, it should play the new file with the original file name instead...
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

7.    #7  
    Thanks, But I already tried that I did a generic search on my "F" drive(Palm) for all media types and came up with empty pockets for the shutter sound.
    Palm Pre Plus on AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by trashtrampoline View Post
    Thanks, But I already tried that I did a generic search on my "F" drive(Palm) for all media types and came up with empty pockets for the shutter sound.
    F drive being the usb drive? You would need to ssh or novaterm into the pre most likely because the camera app folder wouldn't be accessible via the usb mount location.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

/usr/share/systemsounds/shutter.pcm

I would guess - from the filename.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
  10.    #10  
    haha, thanks. I just got the patch installed to turn off the sounds.

Now I haw to figure out how to undo the patch and how to "Novaterm" into the above file location.
    Palm Pre Plus on AT&T

Do you use webos quick install?
    If so go to options and select receive file. Put the location as /usr/share/systemsounds/shutter.pcm as save it to some folder on your pc.
    Now choose whatever sound you want and rename it shutter.pcm
    Now go to wosqi again and this time select options, send file. Browse for the new shutter sound and put the destination as usr/share/systemsounds
    Reboot the device after doing this.