Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Can anyone tell me how to remove a wireless network from my palm pre? I'm having a problem where I put in a network config by mistake and the problem is that the network has some sort of a html based blue socket network log in - that is the phone connects to the network but doesn't actually get access to the Internet (because I haven't logged into the web page). Meanwhile the network that I want to connect to sits idle as the phone thinks it's connected to a valid network. I want to remove the first option so the phone doesn't connect to it automatically. Any suggestions? Thanks for any advice.
    If you click on the SSID name to pull up that network's details, there should be a "Forget Network" button toward the bottom.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    If you click on the SSID name to pull up that network's details, there should be a "Forget Network" button toward the bottom.
    Hi Z:

Thanks for your note. I tried that, it disconnects (also tried 'forgetting' after disconnecting first), but doesn't disappear from the list and the next time I'm in range, it still connects.
    If this access point wasn't password-protected, the phone's still going to try to connect with the best available signal unless one of your "preferred networks" are in range. After manually switching to the SSID you want, does it still revert to the unwanted one even when both are in range?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Hey Z:

I can manually switch to the network that I want and it will stick. But, if I walk down the hall and out of range of the router, it disconnects of course. When I come back, it tries, and succeeds, to connect to the wrong network. Because there's no actual internet access on that network (unless I use the blue socket log in page) the phone doesn't know that I'm really not connected to the internet and nothing (including mail) syncs.
    I see your conundrum. At that point you'd rather just connect via EVDO, but your phone thinks it has a good Wi-Fi connection when it really doesn't, so you have to manually disconnect Wi-Fi if you want Internet access.

What the Pre really needs is a way to blacklist SSIDs for this very situation, but unfortunately this capability doesn't exist yet.