1.    #1  
    Did a hard reset on my palm pre and after starting up it would not connect to the verizon network. Got on the phone with techsupport they had me dial in some codes which did nothing and then told me i had to head into the verizon store.

The people that work there aren't technical genius' so i figured im better of consulting precentral. Any tips guys?

If this helps, the tech support was trying to force a connect to verizon. I have no bars and it says searching in the top left.
    I would call customer service back and tell them to ship you a replacement. Then while you are waiting for that, get webOS doctor and start completely over...
  3.    #3  
    unfortunately webos doctor doesnt seem to recognize the device as connected, prolly cause the reset turned the dev mode OFF. any other solutions? im going to the store tomorrow and i figure theyll replace it there.

BUT if i dont have to take that long walk to the mall...
  4.    #4  
    btw battery percent patch is still on, for some reason as well as the date....
    Quote Originally Posted by zenofsong View Post
    btw battery percent patch is still on, for some reason as well as the date....
    ??? are you certain you did a full reset?

(I guess I should also ask "why" you did the reset in the first place?)...

Oh yeah, you don't have to be connected to turn Dev Mode back on - just type:
    webos20090606 and hit enter - that should bring up the icon/app and from there you can turn it on then reboot the phone to enable it. After that you "should" be able to connect via USB, tell it "Just Charge" and load WebOS Repair...
    Last edited by oldgeekster; 06/06/2010 at 08:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenofsong View Post
    unfortunately webos doctor doesnt seem to recognize the device as connected, prolly cause the reset turned the dev mode OFF. any other solutions? im going to the store tomorrow and i figure theyll replace it there.

BUT if i dont have to take that long walk to the mall...
    I hope you aren't going to a kiosk in the mall... If you insist on going to a store, make sure it's a company store with a technician. Personally, I avoid the stores and only deal with customer service over the phone. Never had a problem they couldn't help me with.
  7.    #7  
    Did a full reset I'm still on the profile selection screen. I can't get to UNIversal search.
  8.    #8  
    I was on the phone with a tech and his solution was to go to the mall kiosk. Go figure. He had me enter some codes in an attmept to force a connection with verizon but no go.