1.    #1  
    Team, I had 2nd Gen Super Pre Kernel installed with cpu set at 800mhz. I was forced to perform partial erase due to application database conflict on the palm's server. SPK was obviously removed but my cpu was still running at 800Mhz. I reinstalled the 2nd gen SPK but it seems that cpu freq remains fixed at 800mhz even if i uninstall the custom kernel or install another frequency. cat /proc/cpuinfo shows 800 all the time. Is there way to get this resolved? I want the SPK app and cpu freq be in sync so that i can install or uninstall a particular freq. I know folks have moved on to uber kernel now, but if someone can help me with this, it would be great.

Thanks
    Try doctoring it..
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    There is a recovery-kernel in Preware - Installing it should resolve your problem (it will restore the original kernel without the need to doctor the device).

If you ever want to overclock your pre after that use Uberkernel, it runs with standard-freqeuncy by default and can be overclocked using Govnar (also found in Preware).
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Try doctoring it..
    Can you please elaborate the procedure? What are the tradeoffs? Thanks
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    There is a recovery-kernel in Preware - Installing it should resolve your problem (it will restore the original kernel without the need to doctor the device).

If you ever want to overclock your pre after that use Uberkernel, it runs with standard-freqeuncy by default and can be overclocked using Govnar (also found in Preware).
    Can you please provide the procedure? What is the filename and under what package? File name --> download ---> install, etc.? Thanks.
    it's inpreware under utilities or something I can't quite remember sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post

This!

In Preware, go to available other > Kernel > Recovery.
    Use this package to reinstall the official webOS 1.4.1.1 kernel from Palm. Only files relating to the Linux kernel are restored, and these will be forcibly overwritten regardless of their current state.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    This!

In Preware, go to available other > Kernel > Recovery.
    Use this package to reinstall the official webOS 1.4.1.1 kernel from Palm. Only files relating to the Linux kernel are restored, and these will be forcibly overwritten regardless of their current state.
    have people experienced any issues with installing recovery kernel? Just want to double check before i pull the trigger. Thanks.
    Well personally I have done it once and did not experience any problems. I also know of one person who did on a 720 patch and that went fine.
    I think you will have oh remove the package after installing if you want to install a new kernel on the device, but I can't fully remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    have people experienced any issues with installing recovery kernel? Just want to double check before i pull the trigger. Thanks.
    Not that I've heard of. It is the safest and most prudent option IMO.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Not that I've heard of. It is the safest and most prudent option IMO.
    Thank you so much. I am pulling the trigger on this today.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Well personally I have done it once and did not experience any problems. I also know of one person who did on a 720 patch and that went fine.
    I think you will have oh remove the package after installing if you want to install a new kernel on the device, but I can't fully remember.
    I don't understand the part about removing the package if you want to install a new kernel? Can some one please clarify? Thanks
  13.    #13  
    Team, i just installed the recovery kernel. Prior to this installation, the linux command in WebOSQI

cat /proc/cpuinfo showed 800Mhz. It was stuck.

After the recovery kernel, it shows 600Mhz. I was expecting 500Mhz. Is that correct? Am I missing something? Please help. Thanks