1.    #1  
    We all know that the pre keyboard is not the best one ever,but we find ways around that. We do need auto correction on the phone,most time we do make mistake in spelling,and the small size keyboard would do well with a spelling correction. We have no idea when a new phone is coming out,so we would really appreciate a auto spelling correction on our phones. I've sent repeatedly emails to palm,so lets hope they might give us just that in a upcoming update. What's your view on this issue?
    I mean there is some auto correction being done, and there's 2 patches that add either 100 or 3000 auto correct words. There's also an app you can buy to add words to the auto correct dictionary.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    If that ever comes to the phone, I want to be able to turn it off. It's bad enough as it is that if I want to spell cheque, I can't because it will always "fix" it by placing check in its place.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I mean there is some auto correction being done, and there's 2 patches that add either 100 or 3000 auto correct words. There's also an app you can buy to add words to the auto correct dictionary.
    What is the name of the app we can buy?
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Just moments ago I made another edit to my text-edit-autoreplace file. It's totally me and I wouldn't want it any other way. It's located in /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us if you have access to the Linux OS. I started with the 3000 Google autoreplace words and customized.

Just discovered another edit necessary while writing this post. OS IS (at least for me).
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    The pre already has a built in auto correct. You can find it here and you can directly change the file. Open webosquickinstall.
    Tools > Receive file

Code:
    /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace
    Open this file in Notepad++. Make edits.
    Preware: Tools > Send file
    Search for the place that you saved text-edit-autoreplace
    Put it in the following folder

Code:
    /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/
    Then reboot your phone.

If you don't want to make your list, heres mine.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Welcome to our world, we are the wasted youth, and we are the future too.
    http://diegoeatspandas.tumblr.com/ <--Tumblr<3 Follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by diegoeatspandas View Post
    The pre already has a built in auto correct. You can find it here and you can directly change the file. Open webosquickinstall.
    Tools > Receive file

Code:
    /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace
    Open this file in Notepad++. Make edits.
    Preware: Tools > Send file
    Search for the place that you saved text-edit-autoreplace
    Put it in the following folder

Code:
    /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/
    Then reboot your phone.

Wow I didn't know it was that easy. Sweet!
    More than autocorrect, I think we need an autofill, where one start typing the word, and nearby words come up and one can click on it and fill it without having to type the whole word.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    More than autocorrect, I think we need an autofill, where one start typing the word, and nearby words come up and one can click on it and fill it without having to type the whole word.
    I can generally type the word before I can "find" the word in a pop up menu.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I had this feature on an older phone and all it did was bug me. Plus like the above comment says, I probably type faster if I wasn't using it. I don't know if autofill is what the majority of pre users want.
    Agreed; the whole point of a real keyboard is that you don't need predictive text. I love that this is just an easily editable textfile.

Note that backspace undoes any autocorrections—it took me a while to realize this.
    T9 has seemingly become less and less popular on phones...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    T9 has seemingly become less and less popular on phones...
    I agree with you, but strangely enough people have requested a virtual keyboard with T9... when there is a fully functional QWERTY keyboard on the phone.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I would just like to have a spell checker to run on an email before i send it. Is there anything like that to plug in? I know this sounds naive, but seems like such a natural add-on to have for email programs. I'm so used to spell checkers in Outlook.
    The patches are ok but some abbreviated words get corrected automatically when you don't want it corrected. I would like a popup that you can click on like on other phones (WM, Android, Iphone).
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    This is a very comprehensive list...thank you. Is there a limit to the number of words you can add or is it unlimited?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdmc View Post
    This is a very comprehensive list...thank you. Is there a limit to the number of words you can add or is it unlimited?
    I think it is unlimited, it has no memory issue. But I think I see a speed increase now that I have cleared out half of the words from there. Some of them were a bit silly.
    Anyway here is an easy tutorial to follow, courtesy of sqyarc
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...nary-free.html