Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Okay so I dont know if anyone else has figured this out so dont make fun of me if you already know. But I stumbled across a way to get the actual Facebook page with chat and everything!! everything you can do on the computer, you can do on the Pre. its really simple and its alot better than the mobile facebook it has. so this is what you do! go on your computer, log into your facebook, go to account settings, deactivate your profile and no it will not delete anything it will just turn off for a bit. when you deactivate it hit "this is temporary, i'll be back". now go to your pre, facebook will send you and email saying you deactivated your profile, open this email with the email app from your pre, in the email there is a sign in button, should be green. click on it and sign in, and bammm!! you have your real facebook page with everything you can do. now if you want to keep going to it, just bookmark it so when you want to get on it will take you back to it every time!! the chat works but if some one sends a long message, i havent found a way to scroll up and down to look at what people have said before and when you want to send a message just hit the enter button, ( under the back space) now this is for real! try it out! i hated the mobile version you cant really do anything, with this you can delete, adjust, change your pic, chat with out having the chatspoof that takes up all your battery! you can do anything!! so yeah there you go! have fun facebookers!!
    ......or you could just go to Login | Facebook from your pre/pixi....
    this Facebook of which you speak? Can I find it with the google?
    You don't have to go through all that to get to the full page... all you have to do is type http://www.facebook.com/home.php exactly into the Pre browser.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I like how the unofficial precentral app takes you to the page. I really don't care for bookmarks so I have packaged several of the pages i frequent on my pre into apps so that it opens up for me with one touch. This facebook find helps enable the landscape so cool find.
    Last edited by mamouton; 06/05/2010 at 10:40 PM.
    Also, facebook will still send you the "please oh please come back" email even if you select the "eff off I'll never be back" option when you deactivate. I know this because I deactivated my account a few days ago and don't intend to be back.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I like how the unofficial precentral app takes you to the page. I really don't care for bookmarks so I have packaged several of the pages i frequent on my pre into apps so that it opens up for me with one touch. This facebook find helps enable the lanscape so cool find.
    I know it's a little bit off topic, and I'm sure you already know, but you can put any web page on your launcher without an app: when you're on the page, select Page from the menu, then select Add to Launcher.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    adding a page to the launcher also adds the page to universal search
    Didnt know that

That does work great didn't know that the page was included in universal search. Learned something new today about my Pre. Thanks!
    Last edited by mamouton; 06/05/2010 at 10:39 PM.