Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 204
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #161  
    As a newbie, a great THANKS MUCH ! for all the details. Seems to me that some of the guys who have worked hard and long to discover "how things really work" seem to get disdainful of the newbie's wanting answers without having had to shed all the blood sweat and tears. It's really nice when someone wants to share what they've learned instead.
  2. #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtn.mark View Post
    As a newbie, a great THANKS MUCH ! for all the details. Seems to me that some of the guys who have worked hard and long to discover "how things really work" seem to get disdainful of the newbie's wanting answers without having had to shed all the blood sweat and tears. It's really nice when someone wants to share what they've learned instead.
    It's even better when those people who have learnt write it down on a wiki page on Main Page - WebOS Internals (anyone can edit the wiki there), and capture both the question and the answer for future people.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3. #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It's even better when those people who have learnt write it down on a wiki page on Main Page - WebOS Internals (anyone can edit the wiki there), and capture both the question and the answer for future people.

    -- Rod
    As there is already a Wiki page about Application: OpenSSH, do you think convenient I could create another wiki exclusive about use of FTP to access the device or be redundant? If I create it, I will copy the first post of this thread and add the answers to their implementation in 2.1.0 without a terminal application on the device.
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Español_España, es_es)
  4. #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    As there is already a Wiki page about Application: OpenSSH, do you think convenient I could create another wiki exclusive about use of FTP to access the device or be redundant? If I create it, I will copy the first post of this thread and add the answers to their implementation in 2.1.0 without a terminal application on the device.
    Anything that is generic to all uses of OpenSSH, please put on the OpenSSH page. Then create a separate FTP page with anything specific to that, which also tells people to read the OpenSSH page.

    And thanks for taking the initiative. If more folks did that, there might be far less repeated forum questions.

    -- Rod
  5. #165  
    This is great and so helpful! Thanks!
  6. #166  
    Maybe I'm not technical enough to figure it out but I can't find the right place on the WebOS Internals site that tells me how to do this. Can someone either point me to the specific page or tell me if the directions on the OP are still valid for a Pre- and Win 7?
  7. #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    Maybe I'm not technical enough to figure it out but I can't find the right place on the WebOS Internals site that tells me how to do this. Can someone either point me to the specific page or tell me if the directions on the OP are still valid for a Pre- and Win 7?
    It's linked as the homepage for the OpenSSH package in Preware.

    -- Rod
  8. #168  
    The post needs to be updated to tell people to download SDLTerminal not Terminal because Terminal always restarts Luna. Always.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  9. #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    The post needs to be updated to tell people to download SDLTerminal not Terminal because Terminal always restarts Luna. Always.
    I'll note that the official wiki instructions recommend the first method of generating keys which does not require an on-device terminal app.

    As usual, guides that stray from the official wiki instructions get out of date and unsupported and then cause confusion.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10. #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I'll note that the official wiki instructions recommend the first method of generating keys which does not require an on-device terminal app.

    As usual, guides that stray from the official wiki instructions get out of date and unsupported and then cause confusion.

    -- Rod
    Thank you.

    All worked well thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  11. gcnts's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #171  
    Filezilla will no longer connect to my Pre Plus. I even tried creating a new id_rsa and importing it to a new ppk key. Removed the old one so there was no confusion.

    Has anyone else had this problem lately? Definitely connected to my wifi, tried shutting down firewall to see if that was the problem but it didn't seem to make a difference. I know terminal and some other files were updated recently.

    The last thing I downloaded was NoDoze so I didn't have to keep refreshing google on my Pre to keep the connection open. It never worked and I have since deleted the file but still can't connect.

    Had to go back to my usb cable
  12. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #172  
    This past week all the sudden without any apparent cause Flezilla stopped working for me on my Sprint Pre Minus. I had not had time to figure out what went wrong.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  13. #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    This past week all the sudden without any apparent cause Flezilla stopped working for me on my Sprint Pre Minus. I had not had time to figure out what went wrong.
    Your Pre probably changed IP addresses. I usually double check to make sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  14. #174  
    The latest update to OpenSSH in preware seems to have triggered a cryptofs bug in webOS 1.4.5, which can stop the new upstart script being installed.

    If OpenSSH is not starting for you, uninstall all your optware packages, reboot, then reinstall. Your ssh keys will be preserved.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. gcnts's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #175  
    Yup, that worked. Thanks so much!
  16. #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The latest update to OpenSSH in preware seems to have triggered a cryptofs bug in webOS 1.4.5, which can stop the new upstart script being installed.

    If OpenSSH is not starting for you, uninstall all your optware packages, reboot, then reinstall. Your ssh keys will be preserved.

    -- Rod
    Thanks, I also had this problem using meta-doctored webOS 2.1.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
  17. #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The latest update to OpenSSH in preware seems to have triggered a cryptofs bug in webOS 1.4.5, which can stop the new upstart script being installed.

    If OpenSSH is not starting for you, uninstall all your optware packages, reboot, then reinstall. Your ssh keys will be preserved.

    -- Rod
    I will try this now... hope it works!

    I've already uninstalled OpenSSH and am currently rebooting. I guess I need to completely uninstall all optware? I will try this first and then post an update with what worked.

    EDIT: Okay, I went ahead and just uninstalled all OPTWARE packages. Then rebooted and reinstalled OpenSSH SFTP Server, which in turn installed 5 other optware packages. I was able to successfully connect to my Pre immediately. Thanks for the tip!
    Last edited by Newbs; 07/20/2011 at 10:16 PM.
  18. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The latest update to OpenSSH in preware seems to have triggered a cryptofs bug in webOS 1.4.5, which can stop the new upstart script being installed.

    If OpenSSH is not starting for you, uninstall all your optware packages, reboot, then reinstall. Your ssh keys will be preserved.

    -- Rod
    Yep, this worked for me, thanks!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  19. #179  
    Help! Seems something has happened. All of sudden, I can no longer FTP into my Pre. It's been a long time since I've had issues with this.

    I have read last previous messages and I did try to uninstall everything and do the re-install. I also created a new set of keys and that went well.

    When I try to connect now, I am getting the following error: 'connection refused'.

    Not sure what is going on here.

    To double check, do I need to have a port number (22), the documentation at the top of the forum doesn't mention needing that? I have tried to connect with and without it.

    I will try a second time to uninstall and re-install Open-SSH, all of it I guess.

    If that doesn't work, what else can I look for?

    Thanks!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  20. ron2112's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #180  
    Thanks so much for the "uninstall/reinstall all Optware" fix. I didn't think I'd ever be able to FTP with my Pre again! Now it's working like a champ once again.

    ron
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions