Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Yeah I love this!!! Being lazy is awesome on a pre

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    zParticle, you're awesome... thanks! I can't believe I am just now finding this thread. My USB cable is one step closer to becoming obsolete!
    If you spend most of your time using FireFox like I do, FireFTP is a great FireFox extension that works just like FileZilla except everything is done within the browser (no need to launch a separate application)!

I have successfully set up FTP access to my Pre using both FireFTP and FileZilla!

Thanks again, zParticle!
    I only discovered this some 7 months later ;-). I'd like to get this working but I dont know how to copy the id_rsa to the desktop, since in the drive mode I have no access to /var/home/root/.ssh. So maybe I'll have to copy the key to another location on the Pre, with Internalz.

Hoping for clues...

TIA
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by prebus2 View Post
    I only discovered this some 7 months later ;-). I'd like to get this working but I dont know how to copy the id_rsa to the desktop, since in the drive mode I have no access to /var/home/root/.ssh. So maybe I'll have to copy the key to another location on the Pre, with Internalz.
    Go back to step 3. That's what the copy command is for:
    cp /home/root/.ssh/id_rsa /media/internal/id_rsa
    Tnx for the rapid answer. Now I'll see how I'll fare with the rest of the setup.
    1 hr. later: it works !!! Hooorrray!
    Last edited by prebus2; 01/16/2011 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Update info
    FYI: for Mac users, I tried using MacFUSE and MacFusion for the client on the computer side. This allows you to mount the Pre as a drive in your Mac's file system, which is really nice. Drag and drop from within finder.

You have to install MacFUSE first here.

Then install MacFusion here.

A reboot on your Mac is recommended. Then if you've already moved the id_rsa over to ~/.ssh/id_rsa and used it, you should have no difficulties.

Now if I could only get doubletwist to recognize this server as my Pre, I'd be in heaven.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    @jbg7474 MacFusion needs a password, FileZilla doesnt. What password should I use ?
    TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by prebus2 View Post
    @jbg7474 MacFusion needs a password, FileZilla doesnt. What password should I use ?
    TIA
    If you used root as your user, shouldn't need a user password. But you might have to enter the password for your key the first time you use it. Then check the box to store the password in your key ring. After that, no password.

Feel free to PM if you need help.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    If you used root as your user, shouldn't need a user password. But you might have to enter the password for your key the first time you use it. Then check the box to store the password in your key ring. After that, no password.

Feel free to PM if you need help.
    Thank you for kind help: to which 'password for your key' are you referring to ?
    The one I use to open the keychain doesnt work.

TIA
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    im using now webos 2.1 and Terminal cant run, is there any alternative way to generate rsa key?!!
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    im using now webos 2.1 and Terminal cant run, is there any alternative way to generate rsa key?!!
    This was my question too.
    see:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2781584
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc View Post
    h thanks
    I know I'm very late with this but just tried it this evening. Thanks zParticle this works great, and I like the detailed instructions.

Only issues I ran into is with spacing, but looking at it and understanding what needs to be done, just like in DOS, you need to include a space between the source and destination.

I also installed nodoze because my pre kept locking between transfers. I'm around snooping eyes so this really works for me. Thanks. I've bookmark this page.
    Has anyone managed to do this on webOS 2.1? I can't get OpenSSH SFTP to install.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    It should work fine on 2.1 - what does the ipkg log say?

-- Rod
    It installed fine on my Pre Plus 2.1.0

Please can someone post the steps to generate the keys without the use of the Terminal App.

I see from the treads that novaterm can be used but I don't understand the steps needed.

EDIT: No need for an answer. Exact same commands that would be put in the terminal app worked fine.
    Last edited by craftsman; 03/12/2011 at 09:12 PM.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Just curious here: i see that novacom can be used to run the commands and generate the needed keys.

However, now that Terminus is up and running on 2.1, is this a valid option? (i do not understand the differences between Terminal and Terminus, and if they are relevant for this task).

Thanks much.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Just curious here: i see that novacom can be used to run the commands and generate the needed keys.

However, now that Terminus is up and running on 2.1, is this a valid option? (i do not understand the differences between Terminal and Terminus, and if they are relevant for this task).

Thanks much.
    You can run the key generation commands on any Linux box, and use novacom to transfer the public key to the device.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks you should do it on device. I guess it's cause Windows doesn't have openssl installed by default.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Working good in a Spanish GSM Pre minus Meta-Doctored to 2.1.0 following the steps of Post #1. Because the lack of Terminal app for 2.1.0, I use novaterm (in Windows7 64 bits) to run commands with my Pre connected via USB (for the last time!). Thank you very much!
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Español_España, es_es)
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast