Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    funny what havoc a little misspelling will wreak when you change a file name.

this works beautifully. For the iMac users, you change the name of the key that you moved to your iMac in Filezilla's preferences not under the edit menu.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    So I'm trying to mount the SFTP, and I found a trial of a program called WebDrive, that will supposedly map the location within Windows

I need a public hosts key file though with a *.pub extension.

What commands do I need to generate the key? I already tried using the generated id_rsa file, but it isn't in the right format
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Nevermind the previous post..

Mount FTP Or SFTP As A Drive In Windows | Lalit Kapoor

I'm trying to get NetDrive to connect, but to no avail
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Has this already been tried?? Anyone!
    Discussed a little bit around post 62. I got the method described in your link to work temporarily, but there was no way to automate the procedure or start with windows, so I let it go. I used WebDrive for a while but it was flaky, ExpanDrive was more reliable. WinSCP seemed like the most useful free option because it allows you to sync, but now I use SyncBack Pro (commercial). I'm keeping my eye on Swish, which doesn't have public-key authentication yet.
    Pet Peave: When people use photographs of themselves as Avatars. There's something unsettling about their big faces staring back at me in the forums. . . . Maybe I'm just paranoid.
    I had done this on Ubuntu and forgot how I did it, then had to doctor and figure it out again. So, for the next time I doctor and forget again, I'm going to write the steps here.

0. Follow the guide all the way up to when you plug the Pre into the computer
    1. Move the id_rsa file to ~/.ssh/id_rsa

2. Right-click on the moved file and remove permissions for everyone except the owner

3. Go to Places (main menu bar) -> Connect to Server

4. Settings:
    Service Type: SSH
    Server: Pre's IP address
    Port: 22
    Folder: /media/internal (or wherever you want the starting folder to be)
    User name: root
    (If you want, you can check Add Bookmark and give it a name, that way you can have a shortcut to this in your Bookmarks)

5. Click connect, profit
    Last edited by malpha; 10/24/2010 at 09:30 PM.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by canderoc View Post
    Discussed a little bit around post 62. I got the method described in your link to work temporarily, but there was no way to automate the procedure or start with windows, so I let it go. I used WebDrive for a while but it was flaky, ExpanDrive was more reliable. WinSCP seemed like the most useful free option because it allows you to sync, but now I use SyncBack Pro (commercial). I'm keeping my eye on Swish, which doesn't have public-key authentication yet.
    Thanks! I'm trying ExpanDrive now.. I have my id_ras.pub file for the public key, but it also wants a private key as well. What do I use?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Got it mounted!

Looks like ExpanDrive only mounts the root folder, and SyncToy doesn't like it.

I'll try SyncBack Pro....
    1st I wanna thank zParticle very much!!! I looked for days for a wifi-solution, and as non-linux-person, your tutorial was really what I was looking for, and it worked immedately!

My transferrates via a good wifi-connetion are about 100kb/s, do you have similar rates?

Greetings, Phil
    Thanks zParticle! I finally got around to trying this yesterday. Everything worked great. No problems whatsoever but I do have a question.

Once installed does this have any measurable effect on battery life (when not in use)?
  11.    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by pantherchen View Post
    My transferrates via a good wifi-connetion are about 100kb/s, do you have similar rates?
    That seems low—I usually see something closer to 5Mbps up, 10Mbps down. Of course, this depends on several factors including the number of concurrent transfers. (Note that FileZilla reports transfer rates in bytes, not bits, which would reduce that by almost a factor of 10.)

Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Once installed does this have any measurable effect on battery life (when not in use)?
    Not that I've noticed. And it shouldn't—the SFTP service is very light on resources, with only a tiny memory footprint (66kB).
    - Hi all ... sorry basic question -> how do i get an _ in terminal. Got a german key layout. I tryed, but i couldn't get it.
    - i copied the keyfile and saved it as *.ppk file.
    now when i try to open a connection, port is asked aswell in filezilla..
    after hitting connect, it tryes via network cable. I got my Wifi both switched on, Laptop and palm pixi, and as soon I unplug the rj-45 cable, error message:
    Fehler: Network error: No route to host
    Fehler: Herstellen der Verbindung zum Server fehlgeschlagen

I don't get it, no clue where I'm doing something wrong.. anyone got an idea `?

thanks for some input =)
    how does filezilla recon that i want to connect via wifi and not via cable ? it is searching for the ip in my local network.. but there is no such IP ..
    I copied the file via internalz, since I could not mv and cp the file with a _ in the file name.
  14.    #134  
    Assuming you have a router or access point with Wi-Fi, it doesn't matter how your laptop connects; both devices just need to be on the same network. To generate the underscore character in terminal, try using a virtual keyboard.
    Has anyone been able to get this to work on a VZW PrePlus over evdo? Everything works great over wireless and I've followed the instructions to enable evdo.

Edit: Nevermind, it looks like VZW is blocking incoming requests.
    Last edited by peterlemonjello; 11/29/2010 at 10:44 AM.
    Doesn't Terminal work on WebOS 2.0.1?
    Preware does install Terminal. Terminal opens. I see a black screen. Menu with preferences works. But I can't make input with the keyboard. Letters are not coming on the screen ...
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc View Post
    Doesn't Terminal work on WebOS 2.0.1?
    Preware does install Terminal. Terminal opens. I see a black screen. Menu with preferences works. But I can't make input with the keyboard. Letters are not coming on the screen ...
    Terminal does not yet work on 2.0

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Terminal does not yet work on 2.0

-- Rod
    Can I use the 'command line' option in 'webOSQuickInstall' (on the PC with the PRE connected to USB and set in Developer mode)?
    When I installed Preware with webOSQuickInstall, I did see the 'command line' option.
    Just to generate and transfer SSH keys, as described in this thread.
    Or is there another option to generate this keys on a Pre2?
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc View Post
    Can I use the 'command line' option in 'webOSQuickInstall' (on the PC with the PRE connected to USB and set in Developer mode)?
    When I installed Preware with webOSQuickInstall, I did see the 'command line' option.
    Just to generate and transfer SSH keys, as described in this thread.
    Or is there another option to generate this keys on a Pre2?
    Install the Palm webOS SDK, and use novaterm.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Install the Palm webOS SDK, and use novaterm.

-- Rod
    OK Rod, thanks.
    I'm learning ....

Access my Pre 2 using Fillezilla is allright now.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast