Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by just_jo View Post
    please, i'm driving crazy with this. i am lost when it comes to linux. another version of filezilla told me, it can't start the sftp server. and executing sftp on the device says it can't find /usr/libexec/sftp-server.

i would guess the sftp server is not starting up? ssh seems to work, as i can connect with putty to my device.

edit: could a pdk ssh server interfere with the openssh one? i installed the pdk package on my phone
    Hmm... if you already have Putty working, perhaps you could try the Pageant method instead?

On my device, the server link is actually /opt/libexec/sftp-server.
    Appears I did something wrong. Thoughts?

Error: Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available
    Error: Could not connect to server
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Syntactix Developer Forum

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

Follow development on Twitter

Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
    I got it to work i had to put my username and password I setup with sudo for it to work. Works great with wifi trying evdo now.

EVDO works great! Now how do you transfer to usb drive?
    Last edited by mamouton; 06/16/2010 at 06:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticus View Post
    Appears I did something wrong. Thoughts?

Have you ever used winscp? I used those settings to get this working.
    Quote Originally Posted by just_jo View Post
    please, i'm driving crazy with this. i am lost when it comes to linux. another version of filezilla told me, it can't start the sftp server. and executing sftp on the device says it can't find /usr/libexec/sftp-server.

i would guess the sftp server is not starting up? ssh seems to work, as i can connect with putty to my device.

edit: could a pdk ssh server interfere with the openssh one? i installed the pdk package on my phone
    Yes, they will conflict. I'll need to work out how to deal with that in the next version of the OpenSSH packages in Preware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    this worked for me first try. GREAT walk-through tutorial.

Quick question though, do I still need to plug in to use WebOS quickinstall? I plug in for that program more than anything else.
    yes still need to plug in for webosqi
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by EVOandBACK View Post
    Quick question though, do I still need to plug in to use WebOS quickinstall? I plug in for that program more than anything else.
    Yep, that's the only thing I still have to pull out the USB for. Now if there were a reliable way to install .IPKs onboard...
  9.    #29  
    Check Settings > SFTP and make sure your private key is installed. If not, try adding it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Check Settings > SFTP and make sure your private key is installed. If not, try adding it again.
    Nope no go still the same

Maybe need to create new keys?
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

do you have your ip in the host name box?
    Yep...

Response: fzSftp started
    Command: keyfile "C:\Users\Greg Hrebek\Documents\Palm Pre SFTP Key.ppk"
    Command: open "root@10.0.0.4" 22
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

13.    #33  
    Nope no go still the same

Maybe need to create new keys?
    If you've verified that SFTP is installed and have restarted the Pre, then you may need to go back to step three and try again.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    EVDO works great!
    Actually, it shouldn't, unless you've explicitly enabled SSH over EVDO.

Now how do you transfer to usb drive?
    If you're referring to the Pre's USB partition, it starts at /media/internal, which is why I suggest making this your default remote directory in site manager.
    New keys did the trick. Thanks!
    - Arcticus

Syntactix LLC

Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Actually, it shouldn't, unless you've explicitly enabled SSH over EVDO.

If you're referring to the Pre's USB partition, it starts at /media/internal, which is why I suggest making this your default remote directory in site manager.
    No I mean when you reference
    By the way, the FileZilla application folder is easily portable on a USB drive if you wish to access the Pre from other machines.
    How do you setup the usb portablity

I guess I did I have been able to access WINSCP over EVDO since last year.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Works and thnx for make it so easy
    Spot on and easy! Thanks! For those of you who really didn't feel like unplugging your USB cable, you can email yourself the rsa file

Thanks!
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Spot on and easy! Thanks! For those of you who really didn't feel like unplugging your USB cable, you can email yourself the rsa file
    Great idea, Jack! Nice to do one more thing wirelessly. And, assuming you already had Preware installed, that would make this a viable recovery method if you could no longer use USB.
  20.    #40  
    Now how do you transfer [FileZilla] to usb drive?
    transfer FileZilla to another machine

Find where FileZilla is installed on your computer (mine's in C:\Program Files\FileZilla) and copy that folder and your private key file (.PPK) to your USB drive (or to \media\internal on your Pre if that's going to serve as your temporary USB drive).

When you first run FileZilla at the new site, you'll need to re-add your keyfile via Settings > SFTP and use site manager to create a site with the new local IP address and directory. (Basically, you just repeat step 5 above except you don't need to convert your private key.)

run FileZilla from USB

If you're planning to use FileZilla as a portable app directly from your USB drive, you'll need to make sure the configuration information and your private key are all stored in the current folder. Create the following two files in the main FileZilla directory on your USB drive:

fzdefaults.xml
    <FileZilla3>
    <Settings>
    <Setting name="Config Location">.</Setting>
    </Settings>
    </FileZilla3>
    filezilla.xml
    <FileZilla3>
    <Settings>
    <Setting name="SFTP keyfiles" type="string">.\ssh.ppk</Setting>
    </Settings>
    </FileZilla3>
    Copy your private key file here as well, and either rename it to ssh.ppk or adjust the above setting to match your filename. You can then set up a new site for each location and run everything right from USB, and any custom settings will be retained.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast