Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Help! Seems something has happened. All of sudden, I can no longer FTP into my Pre. It's been a long time since I've had issues with this.
    Rob, I just wanted to let you know that I am still able to connect, so something unique to your situation must have changed, fyi.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Still getting:

Response: fzSftp started
    Command: keyfile "C:\Users\Robert Lanza\Documents\WebOS Quick Install 4.04\webosftpaccesskey.ppk"
    Command: open "root@192.168.2.63" 22
    Error: Network error: Connection refused
    Error: Could not connect to server

Any ideas on how to get this thing fixed?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Ok, completed total remove and re-install a 2 time around!

Success!!!!!

But as I mentioned in another thread, my Pre- died, the screen cracked.

Called Sprint, they are sending me another Pre-. So I guess they still have a few around.

Had to spend the $100 on the deductible but at least I did not lose my ability to get a new phone as soon as one that I like comes out.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

When I search Terminal in Preware the only result is "SDLTerminal". I attempt to install that and it hangs on "Downloading/Installing - Transferred 76743/76743 - Time Left --:--:--"

IPKG Log,

Begin
    NOTHING INTERESTING

Then it shows some download stats and nothing else...any ideas?

EDIT:

Just used XTERM instead.
    Last edited by sixfootsix; 08/22/2011 at 08:45 PM.
    Response: fzSftp started
    Command: keyfile "C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\HPTP_FTP.ppk"
    Command: open "root@192.168.2.100" 22
    Error: Network error: Connection refused
    Error: Could not connect to server

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I did this all to the tee. generated the id_rsa key, filezilla converted it, set up the site....really, where could I possibly go wrong

#frustrated

EDIT: Again, did it all over, same results. Made sure I wasn't losing my mind by pinging it from my PC, which worked, so I def didn't mess up the host portion.

For what it's worth, I'm trying to do this on the TouchPad, webos 3.0.2 = would that make a difference?

EDIT AGAIN:
    I originally tried this at work while tethered to my Droid Incredible. Figured maybe the problem lay somewhere in the phone. So I went home and tried this on my network and I can't even friggin ping the netbook now. ***
    Last edited by sixfootsix; 08/23/2011 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Troubleshooting log
    Holy crap I actually got to work! (Over my tethered phone connection, not my home router). I uninstalled the SSH stuff and reinstalled it. I think the issue was I originally wasn't prompted to restart, so I manually did it this time. Did the terminal stuff over again and voila, it actually connected.

Very tired now. Need to figure out why I couldn't ping the TP over the home network, really wierd. OH well!! GOOD NIGHT!
    So I was enjoying all my hard work from yesterday and transferring some movies to my TP and I accidentally dragged and dropped /root while in filezilla. it came back with an unable to mv error and I thought I was okay. all of a sudden, I can't reconnect. I figured I'd go ahead and regenerate the id_rsa key and so on and so forth but when I get to the part where you press enter twice for no password, i get:

open /home/root/.ssh/id_rsa failed: No such file or directory.
    saving the key failed: /home/root/.ssh/id_rsa

***!!!!!????

EDIT:

Oh yeah, and before that, it said could not create directory '/home/root/.ssh'.
    Last edited by sixfootsix; 08/23/2011 at 05:22 PM.
    I'd say you've just created a job for the webOS Doctor ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I'd say you've just created a job for the webOS Doctor ...

-- Rod
    I'd say you're right! Doctored and reinstalled EVERYTHING. Banged out that FTP DIY in no time - I almost have it memorized by now! haha
    I have a strange problem running this. I know that I have Filezilla set up as I can access my Pre's and Pixi's.

When installing this on the Touchpad and coping the keyfile over to the PC it will read the directories just fine but after a reboot of the Touchpad it can no longer access the PC.

Is there a way to tell if the Server is running via Novaterm? Rebooting, Luna Restart and power off and on don't seem to help.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    I have a strange problem running this. I know that I have Filezilla set up as I can access my Pre's and Pixi's.

When installing this on the Touchpad and coping the keyfile over to the PC it will read the directories just fine but after a reboot of the Touchpad it can no longer access the PC.

Is there a way to tell if the Server is running via Novaterm? Rebooting, Luna Restart and power off and on don't seem to help.
    So you're saying that upon completion of the steps, you are able to connect to the device via FileZilla but after a reboot it doesn't work? What kind of message is the event log delivering - timeout error, authentication error? Did you verify that the TP hasn't been given a different IP address? Also, try pinging the TP from your PC to make sure it can be reached. I'm no expert, but I think these are good places to start troubleshooting
    Quote Originally Posted by sixfootsix View Post
    So you're saying that upon completion of the steps, you are able to connect to the device via FileZilla but after a reboot it doesn't work? What kind of message is the event log delivering - timeout error, authentication error? Did you verify that the TP hasn't been given a different IP address? Also, try pinging the TP from your PC to make sure it can be reached. I'm no expert, but I think these are good places to start troubleshooting
    sixfootsix, thanks for the reply.

Yep, able to connect and download files right after the install.

I'll check the error and post it next time. Just did a Luna restart after installing a patch and was still able to reconnect. So not seeing the error. I think it was connection refused.

The IP is still the same. I can stream music with Ampache with no problems.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    sixfootsix, thanks for the reply.

Yep, able to connect and download files right after the install.

I'll check the error and post it next time. Just did a Luna restart after installing a patch and was still able to reconnect. So not seeing the error. I think it was connection refused.

The IP is still the same. I can stream music with Ampache with no problems.
    Wow, it seems we all of a sudden have the same problem - I can't connect today either: Connection Refused. Same IP, same Key, TP is pingable....damn haha. Looks like we're in this together.

EDIT

So I did the same thing, uninstalled all the optware associated with the SSH stuff, reinstalled, restarted ... then I could connect....weird.
    Last edited by sixfootsix; 08/25/2011 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Troubleshooting log
    Wow, it seems we all of a sudden have the same problem - I can't connect today either: Connection Refused. Same IP, same Key, TP is pingable....damn haha. Looks like we're in this together.

EDIT

So I did the same thing, uninstalled all the optware associated with the SSH stuff, reinstalled, restarted ... then I could connect....weird.
    Man I wish I could get it to work for me. Got mine working but can't get my mom's or daughters working now. ERR

UPDATE: So I uninstalled everything reinstalled and then added the keyfile to Filezilla( (Ubuntu) and no go. I then went to the Win 7 PC and added the keyfile and it all works just fine. It seems to have something to do with the Ubuntu version of Filezilla.
    Last edited by craftsman; 09/01/2011 at 03:39 PM.
    I read the thread and I tried everything (regenerated keys many times, rebooted, ...) but I'm still getting
    Stato: Connessione a 192.168.1.9...
    Risposta: fzSftp started
    Comando: keyfile "C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm, Inc\priv_key_fz.ppk"
    Comando: open "root@192.168.1.9" 22
    Errore: Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey,keyboard-interactive)

Any suggestion ?
    Thanks

Fixed with Putty and Winscp while with FileZilla I get the Error "Connection closed by server with exitcode 2"
    Last edited by precwos; 09/06/2011 at 01:25 PM.

EDIT

I have this same problem today. Is it possible the keys are changing over time when we disconnect/reconnect from the network?
    I can't get it working on Pre 3. I tried with Filezilla and Nautilus. I get timeout or "access denied".
  18. viv
    Just wanted to note - I couldn't get this working on my touchpad until I figured out I had to set the authorized_keys file to have permissions of 755 (I originally had it set at 700 and 777).
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by viv View Post
    Just wanted to note - I couldn't get this working on my touchpad until I figured out I had to set the authorized_keys file to have permissions of 755 (I originally had it set at 700 and 777).
    how did you set the authorized_keys file ?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I have Pre Plus with 1.4.5 and I did install the Optware files and removed them and restart and install them and I still got "time out" and didn't connect!
    I generate the key with no problem and follow all the possible trick found in this post but still culdnt connect!
    I don't know why that happened! Any solution plz
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast