1.    #1  
    Just hooked my pre up to get my work (exhchange) email and I can't believe that it tries to integrate the GAL into my contacts. I guess there is no way around this? The synching of contacts is ok for personal gmail/yahoo accounts etc. but why can't there be a button like the Iphone has to access the GAL (global address list) for exchange separately and leave these out of my contacts?
    If I'm not mistaken (and I may well be mistaken), in the "Contacts" application, click the "Contacts" menu, select Preferences & Accounts and remove the exchange account from your "Contacts". Over in the "Email" preferences you can set email to accept exchange emails without necessarily accepting/integrating exchange contacts. I had the same issue when I wanted my Yahoo mail but my Gmail contacts. Bascially, you turn one account one in one application and turn it off in the other and visa-versa.
  3.    #3  
    I tried this and it seems to basically disconnect the exchange email account...removing exch from the contacts list that is. Maybe I'm missing something.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mykall View Post
    Just hooked my pre up to get my work (exhchange) email and I can't believe that it tries to integrate the GAL into my contacts. I guess there is no way around this? The synching of contacts is ok for personal gmail/yahoo accounts etc. but why can't there be a button like the Iphone has to access the GAL (global address list) for exchange separately and leave these out of my contacts?
    The GAL is not part of your contacts. It's separate, just searches it on the fly so you can reply to emails and create emails and send them to addresses within your company. I don't see what the issue is, its not like they are like my other contacts in my list.....
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by blu8503 View Post
    The GAL is not part of your contacts. It's separate, just searches it on the fly so you can reply to emails and create emails and send them to addresses within your company. I don't see what the issue is, its not like they are like my other contacts in my list.....
    OK, I just figured out that I was confusing the syncing of my personal Outlook contacts (most of which are also on the GAL) with the actual gal. Yes you're correct the GAL is separate and it does search on the fly.

Thanks