Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I haven't tried this in a while, so I don't know if it's still a problem. I've got pictures on my Pre. I'd like to download them to my computer. For the most part, I don't need them on my phone anymore.

Last time I tried this (probably 1.1 or 1.2), moving photos off the device via, say, the import process in Picasa, it made the photo manager on the Pre very, very angry. Or at least confused, because files it thought were there were not, in fact, there. I had to actually move them back to make the photo browser usable again.

Am I missing something really obvious? Has anyone else even noticed this?

While I'm on the subject of the camera, do we know of any plans to make it not suck?

Thanks,
    COZ
    plug it in to your PC. press orange+syn+U to be put in USB mode. Then copy away!
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i think OP is referring to the feature of windows that when you plug in a USB device with photos, it asks if you want to transfer the photos. well that process takes ALL image files and if you check the 'delete after transfer' box you have to manually move back the ones the Pre needs.

and yeah, I hate that too. It's convenient because it will create the folder and subname the folders as indicated.

But due to the 'all files' issue, I have started manually moving my photos off of my Pre.
    Thanks for clarifying.

When I use Picassa to import from a USB drive, I don't check the "delete after copy" box. That way I can manually delete the pictures from the source when I'm sure I am ready for that. I got burned once when I wound up with no pictures in either place. It's an extra step, but I feel safer. And because Picassa has a setting to only copy pictures that it doesn't already have, it ignores all the other image files on my Pre when importing pics.

I agree that it would be good to have a program that let's you predefine which folders you want it to look at. I think there are some apps that will let you do that, such as the wireless media sync app and maybe even Echo. Both of those cost too much...