1.    #1  
    I know this is an old thread, but I am looking for any help I can get and it's one that popped up in my search... First, to add another thought to the "blotchy screen" issue, given that the posts are a couple of years old and technology was a bit different, could it be a similar issue to the older computer monitors that, without a screen saver, "burned in" the static image (or pieces of it) on the monitors? Just a thought...

That said, I just got my first touchstone (on sale at all Radio Shacks for $15 for anyone that is interested...) - and I too, am going nuts trying to figure out how to turn off that clock, nightstand mode. Just want to charge without the screen on. After all these years, has Palm addressed that and given us an option to charge with the screen off on Touchstone? I would really appreciate any tips - like the TS, but don't want to waste screen lamp life with keeping it on when not needed, no matter how cute the idea of a nightstand clock...

Thanks for any help you can give me!
    Quick System Tasks, available via Preware does what you want
    Or you can give Brightness Unlinked a try, also available from Preware. It has a setting in preferences to turn off the screen while on the TS.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Or you can set a trigger in Mode Switcher to turn the scren off when on the TouchStone.
    there also a patch for that
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I can attest to that both Quick System Task and Brightness Unlimited bith work nicely for this. I do prefer QST as it offers more functionality for other tasks with simple toggle off/on icons.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Or you can set a trigger in Mode Switcher to turn the scren off when on the TouchStone.
    Why am I having such a hard time finding this option? help?
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    Quote Originally Posted by mfaye21 View Post
    Why am I having such a hard time finding this option? help?
    Mode Switcher is a homebrew app found on Preware. Install it, figure out how to use it, and set up a nighttime mode where the screen turns off rather than going to the lock screen. Pretty easy once you figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Or you can give Brightness Unlinked a try, also available from Preware. It has a setting in preferences to turn off the screen while on the TS.
    I just remembered this. It's a better solution than Mode Switcher if all you want is that lock screen to go away on the Touchstone.